Lenovo A2109 Won't Start

stutzmantd1

Aug 26, 2013
Hey everybody brand new to the community so correct me if I make any mistakes. I have a Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 that I have had for right over half a year. I usually only use the tablet for school so it has been siting on the charger for most of the summer without being used. Well today I pulled it out to use it and it wouldn't start, it would only vibrate like it was going to start then flash a white screen then go back to black. If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated!

stutzmantd1

Aug 26, 2013
Have you tried a system reset ?

I have tried to hold the volume down button to do a reset but nothing happens. When I try to start the tablet normaly it vibrates and the screen flash's, when I hold the volume down button trying to start it nothing happens.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I have tried to hold the volume down button to do a reset but nothing happens. When I try to start the tablet normaly it vibrates and the screen flash's, when I hold the volume down button trying to start it nothing happens.

Can you boot to recovery? Make sure tablet is off. Hold down the vol+ button. While holding down the vol+ button, press the power button until the screen appears. you should be in recovery. From recovery, you can reset the tab.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
Try holding down the power button for a very long time (>20 sec.). My A2109 has been hard to wake up a couple of times, and I think that is what did it.

stutzmantd1

Aug 26, 2013
Can you boot to recovery? Make sure tablet is off. Hold down the vol+ button. While holding down the vol+ button, press the power button until the screen appears. you should be in recovery. From recovery, you can reset the tab.

I Have tried that and the screen just flashes and I get a quick vibration.

TNS

Jul 26, 2013
I had a similar problem with my daughters Lenovo ideatab. I tried this trick that I found on the Lenovo forums and it worked for me-
Tried the trick with holding the power button for 45 seconds then releasing and going for 5 more seconds holding it to get my frozen screen back up. From there I found the reset button below the camera and lightly pressed with a toothpick until it pressed and the tablet rebooted successfully and is now working again.
This tiny hidden reset button is the key. you have to remove the cover where the back camera and speakers are. kind of tricky to do but doable with patience. this is also where the sd card installs. You can find lots more info searching the Lenovo forums https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/bd-p/Idea_Slate. Hope this helps. Good luck