Let the Music Begin

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Hello,nt

My name is Tom, and I am educating myself on Android tablets. I think I will get one soon when they get integrated GPS and some decent avigation software because I think it would be a good way to view maps as you drive. I would also use the tablet on trips for communication with the home base and whatever else comes up. I think the tablet would take the place of my notebook PC which I take to make time-lapse videos of the road and realtime video of track laps.

During the day I work with college students on various programming languages like C++, Visual Basic, and Java.

If anyone wants to tackle a question to make a suggestion, I'd be looking for a tablet to use for when I go on the road. I'd be using the Android tablet for road trips for GPS (not 3G) navigation, and for an occasional video call or conversation with the home base. I'll be using basic apps like scientific calculator& note-taking stuff, appointments, ebook reader, the occasional chess game, and sometimes I go to the track to video some laps! I think I want one with a 7" screen, GPS, USB host for a webcam, microphone, and 802.11 WiFi

I think $175 - $200 should cover tall I need.

thx

Last edited: