library icon not working

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
the one thats to the left of the nook launcher thing, not sure what it's called...everything else works fine. i'm using the zeam launcher although i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
the one thats to the left of the nook launcher thing, not sure what it's called...everything else works fine. i'm using the zeam launcher although i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Does your icon work in “all applications” menu in Zeem or “extras” menu in stock launcher?

If so, delete the icon on your Zeam dock (the icon location you are referring to in your question), long press the icon and move to the trash. Then go you “all applications” menu in Zeam, long press the working library icon and place it on your Zeam dock. This will create an application shortcut on the Zeam dock.

If your icon in “all application” or “extras” is working, then you have bigger problems with the application and I’ll need to do further research on how to fix.

cb3a433c-1.png

fdfd7e63-1.png

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
hmm i thought i responded earlier where'd it go....anyways it works everywhere except for the library icon next to the back arrow.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
hmm i thought i responded earlier where'd it go....anyways it works everywhere except for the library icon next to the back arrow.

Where?...

Well anyway, looks like the app is working for its just a matter of replacing that non-working icon with another icon shortcut.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
it's the book that's in the black notification bar that doesn't work when i press it. it's left of the 'back' icon in the pic above

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
it's the book that's in the black notification bar that doesn't work when i press it. it's left of the 'back' icon in the pic above

Oh you are talking about the little book icon just left of the back button. Mine doesn't work either and I suspect it doesn't work on any NC. I was meaning to ask if anyone knew what this softkey was suppose to do. I don't think its for the library but some function while you are in a book.... but I'm guessing.

Maybe I should read the manual. :)

7de8a491-1.png

Last edited:

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
ha i never read that manual either, but i remember that the icon is a shortcut to access books, instead of having to use the quicknav to access it

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
According to the manual, the button is suppose to take to the book you were last reading, but like I said, it doesn't work for me. COuld be b/c I'm always in my Zeam launcher not the stock NC one but if I remember correctly, the button didn't work there either. I think I tried it even before rooting.

64bffc2d.png

Last edited:

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
hmm i wonder why it doesn't work. hopefully there's a fix sometime. apparently there's an update coming this month that may or may not be froyo

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yes there should be an update any day now and I don't think it will be 2.2, but hoping they make more bug fixes and expand on the 2.1.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
i'd probably wait until a rooted stable froyo comes, i don't feel like un-rooting, wiping, and re-rooting for a 2.1 update.