Rooted Nook V1.1 Folder and Shortcuts not working with Zeam. Is this suppose to work?

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
I am curious if anyone has found out why normal Android folders and shortcuts dont work on the rooted Nook. This function has never worked on my nook in any version of the NC software or launchers. I currently use Zeam which I love

If you try and add a folder or shortcut it seems to just relaunch the launcher (Zeam). No harm done but weird.

I get around this by using Folder Organizer which is great but it is a bit cumbersome to use. Nice if you want unique folder icons though.

So my question is is this just a limitation to the way BN installed the Andriod OS? Or is it something that I have failed to do. I found it interesting in that I have not seen any posts on this topic.

NC Rooted 1.1 running 1.1ghz

Bob Silver

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Both those features of Zeam don't work on the NC (with any b&n software version: 1.0.0, 1.0.1 or 1.1). You can add shortcuts to your home screen by going to your application grid, press and hold down an app and place on your home screen. I believe it is an issue with using Zeam on a Nook color since many people have tried various versions of Zeam with no luck of those features working.

Thanks for the tip on folder organizer app.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Adding shortcuts and folders to my Zeam desktop works, but I am also running CM7 and not one of the stock B&N version.

bobsilver

Jan 10, 2011
Folder organizer is great. Takes some time to set it up but it is worth it. Also you can download some icon packs and really personalize it. Regarding com i did run the froyo version on the sd card and the shortcut and folder options did work. Just not ready to do the flash install yet.