live wallpaper trouble

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
I can't seem to make the live wallpaper apps that come with the android os work on the nook. The one I paid for did, but I like grass, and water. When I click on them, the screen goes black and it says it's loading it, but it never does.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Hey Rico.
I followed the instructions as in your link, but nothing happened.
Is it a problem with latest V3 of CM7?
Or is there some special setting I should do to activate live wallpapers?
Cause I cant find any option about Live Wallpapers.

Now you are talking about a different animal. When rico said that some live wallpapers didn't work on the nook color, he wasn't actually talking about the device itself, he was referring to the OS build that was in place from B&N (since in January, that is all we had)

When you start getting into Custom ROM's especially ROM's that are only betas, all bets are off. My advice for now is...keep trying live wallpapers with CM7 until they work (if ever)

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Now you are talking about a different animal. When rico said that some live wallpapers didn't work on the nook color, he wasn't actually talking about the device itself, he was referring to the OS build that was in place from B&N (since in January, that is all we had)

When you start getting into Custom ROM's especially ROM's that are only betas, all bets are off. My advice for now is...keep trying live wallpapers with CM7 until they work (if ever)
I didnt say that some are not working.
I just dont get any Live wallpapers as an option to select at settings.
Can someone with CM7 V3 to tell me if I should quite trying about this or if there is some option I am missing?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
To my knowledge, Live Wallpapers works for some and not for others using CM7. The link I posted, which you quoted, is a list of working live wallpapers for the NC running b&n software and how to enable for android 2.1 only.

Here is a xda link discussing the same CM7 issue: no live wallpapers cm7? - xda-developers

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I didnt say that some are not working.
I just dont get any Live wallpapers as an option to select at settings.
Can someone with CM7 V3 to tell me if I should quite trying about this or if there is some option I am missing?

and I didn't say that YOU said that some are not working...I said that rico said that
rico2001 said:
Some of the stock android live wallpapers don't work...

I was bringing up that you were mentioning your problem in a thread that was for the B&N version of Android, and that what worked for that version is not a sure bet to work with a beta of a custom ROM.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Unfortunately nothing works :(
I tried :
-3D MATRIX OOO
-Anipet freshwater
-Fantasia
-Galactic Core
-Nightfall
-Star Chase
-Tron
-Wave live

I always get message about program Live Wallpaper Picker that has stopped unexpectedly.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Unfortunately nothing works :(
I tried :
-3D MATRIX OOO
-Anipet freshwater
-Fantasia
-Galactic Core
-Nightfall
-Star Chase
-Tron
-Wave live

I always get message about program Live Wallpaper Picker that has stopped unexpectedly.

I would definitely check out the XDA link that rico gave a couple posts up from here. It is definitely weird that some have it working and some don't on the same OS.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I would definitely check out the XDA link that rico gave a couple posts up from here. It is definitely weird that some have it working and some don't on the same OS.
I have checked the earlier since I saw post mentioning this.
I guess I have some problem with the guy at XDA that its complaining about forcing to close at start..

Shortyred

Mar 28, 2011
I have a question why do I only see a part of the live wallpaper on my screen? Like just the upper corner not the whole screen?