locks up at android screen

old_pole

Feb 25, 2014
I have a SuperPad VI that will not boot beyond the Android screen. The specs state that it is a V10 and the parameters are: Processor--VC882 Embedded 1GHz ARM Cortex A8, Memory is 1 GB DDR3, Storage is 4 GB. It shows as a fj_vortex running Android ver. 4.0.3, the Kernel is ver. 3.0.8. Holding the menu and power buttons, I get the Android System Recovery <3e> screen, 5 options appear: reboot system now, apply update from external storage, wipe data/factory rest, wipe cache partition, and apply uupdate from cache. I have tried to execute a factory reset, wipe cache partition, and reboots in various combinations with no success. The booklet that arrived with the tablet has instructions for a firmware upgrade. It suggests to run the upgrade tool FWDN( for Windows XP), the upgrade files are listed as: lk.rom & tcc8900_mtd.img. I have searched the web for these files with no success. Can someone provide a link to the file locations. Or can I install a version of firmware that will run on this processor. Also, I would like to maintain the GPS functionality if possible. Is there an upgrade tool that will run in Windows 7? I realize that there are a number of questions? Thanks for your help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

This may be only a partial answer but it's the best I'll be able to do. You will not be able to actually run either XP or Windows 7 on your tablet. Neither were designed to support the processor in that tablet.

old_pole

Feb 25, 2014
I'm do not want to run XP or Windows 7 on the tablet. FWDN is an upgrade tool that runs on XP and I asked if someone knew of a version of FWDN that runs on Windows 7. The upgrade files are listed as lk.rom & tcc8900_mtd.img. I have searched the web for these files and can not find them or even a reference to then. Do you or anyone know of a custom rom file that will run on the VC882 ARM Cortex A8 processor? I recently installed PhoenixSuit on the PC, now all I need is the firmware and Android to install. Help.