Lockscreen Image

tagger

Oct 25, 2010
Hi guys! Long time reader, but not much of a poster.

I read a thread a small while ago where someone was also claiming to be unable to change the background of the Lock Screen. Is this just something everyone has to deal with, or is there a way of fixing it?

Could I perhaps change the file name via Root Explorer? I just don't know what files I'm looking for or where. =/

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I think it's something in framework-res.apk, but no one has taken the time to deodex the ROM yet.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If the devices ship without odex files, you can get ninjamorph from the market and edit the framework-res.apk in the device. It's just replacing png's in the apk.

Feb 8, 2011
dont try to change ANYTHING in the framework-res. i tryed and ended up with my huawei s7 bricked. i had to flash back to the rom

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Uh.. You just need to do it properly... I just don't know right now...

That's what nandroids are for...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
here's how you edit framework-res.apk (note: this will not change the clock color. that's a more advanced subject that you'll have to search google for) :

Code:
1.  Get framework-res.apk from your device to your computer -
       adb pull /system/framework-res.apk
2.  Put the png's you want to use in a folder somewhere.  We'll be renaming them later.
3.  Use 7zip, WinZip, etc. to view framework-res.apk **without extracting it**.  Let me say 
     this again: DO NOT EXTRACT framework-res.apk
4.  Navigate to res/drawable-hdpi in framework-res.apk
5.  Find the png you want to replace (notification icons all start with stat_sys_ )
6.  Rename the png you want to replace the resource with to **exactly** the same filename.
7.  Drag the new png into the zip file and **replace** the existing png in the zip.
8.  Repeat 5-7 until you are done replacing pngs
9.  Close your archive program.
10. Reboot your tablet in Clockworkmod Recovery
11. Make a backup.
12. See 11 and do it.
13. Really, make a backup.
14. Go to Mounts and Storage and mount system and sdcard
15. Put the new framework-res.apk into the system
       adb push /path/to/edited/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
16. Choose 'reboot system now'

At this point, you should reboot into your device with the new graphics taking the place of the old. If anything went wrong, go to 'backup and restore' in clockworkmod, then advanced, and restore system. say yes. you'll have fixed what you broke.

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
here's how you edit framework-res.apk (note: this will not change the clock color. that's a more advanced subject that you'll have to search google for) :

Code:
1.  Get framework-res.apk from your device to your computer -
       adb pull /system/framework-res.apk
2.  Put the png's you want to use in a folder somewhere.  We'll be renaming them later.
3.  Use 7zip, WinZip, etc. to view framework-res.apk **without extracting it**.  Let me say 
     this again: DO NOT EXTRACT framework-res.apk
4.  Navigate to res/drawable-hdpi in framework-res.apk
5.  Find the png you want to replace (notification icons all start with stat_sys_ )
6.  Rename the png you want to replace the resource with to **exactly** the same filename.
7.  Drag the new png into the zip file and **replace** the existing png in the zip.
8.  Repeat 5-7 until you are done replacing pngs
9.  Close your archive program.
10. Reboot your tablet in Clockworkmod Recovery
11. Make a backup.
12. See 11 and do it.
13. Really, make a backup.
14. Go to Mounts and Storage and mount system and sdcard
15. Put the new framework-res.apk into the system
       adb push /path/to/edited/framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
16. Choose 'reboot system now'

At this point, you should reboot into your device with the new graphics taking the place of the old. If anything went wrong, go to 'backup and restore' in clockworkmod, then advanced, and restore system. say yes. you'll have fixed what you broke.

So I assume that for the context of this thread, we'll be changing res/drawable/deafult-wallpaper.png, correct?

Has anyone tried this yet for this specific file?