Looking at tablets for college

tremorz82

Dec 8, 2010
So, I've been doing my rounds of research looking at several tablets (android and pc based). Anywho, I am mainly curious if anyone has been or will be using an android tablet for college. This will be my first year in and I'd like to save some money when I can.

The androids seem very portable and mostly have longer battery life than the lappy converts. However, I have not seen any of the android tabs use digitizer pens. This would be a nice thing to have for easy not taking. If there is a tab that usesthem, by all means, show me the way!

My initial picks for Android tabs were ViewSonic gTab and the Archos 101. For the lappy converts, just the Lenovo 201. Although, the Lenovo seems to be drifting further away due to the fact their current promotion will end tonight! Too bad, not everyday you see a $2800 lappy sell for $1600 w/ free memory and HDD upgrades.

But, I am mainly looking for experiences of fellow college goers to see how the tabs have worked for them. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I found this Pogo Sketch for use with the IPad and several Android devices. Is there a good chance it'd work on Android tablets?? If so, that'd definately put me towards getting the VS gTab.

Last edited: