Looking to buy first Tablet with stylus writing capacity like Palm Pilot

numbat

Aug 8, 2011
I am still using a Palm Pilot because I like to write with a stylus on my calendar during the day. I would like to upgrade and plan to buy a tablet in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I use Google calendar and keepandshare.com calendar, having recently ditched the Palm Desktop. Which tablet and stylus and handwriting application will be best for me?

Also, I use Dragon voice recognition. Can I use something like this on a tablet?

Thank you all.

Jsmphoto

Jul 10, 2011
The HTC Flyer is an awesome tablet...dual core processor and optional stylus -

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Android Tablet Forum

cmaglone

Aug 10, 2011
I have used the scribe with my HTC View, but not like you have used the stylus. I understand the scribe own its more versital because it has multiple tips, like a paint brush, highlighter, marker, etc. It also has a varied color pallet. I spoke to several people, and learned the flyer and view only have this capability. The main difference in three two pads; the view has honeycomb, and the flyer has gingerbread.

Good luck!

Sent from my PG41200 using Android Tablet Forum

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
Just a couple comments.

Dragon Naturally Speaking works on apple stuff. I've used it on the itouch and it is awesome. You need to be online though.
Android has rudimentary speech to text that is not too bad.
I just read up on a new stylus for capacitive displays that claim to be good for handwriting. Engadget article I think.
Gnotes has a handwriting feature and voice input.

numbat

Aug 8, 2011
I just bought an Asus Transformer. Now I need to figure out how to write on it with a stylus.

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
You need a capacitive stylus. Check out Evernote and Skitch, two neat programs for organizing data.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

ChromeCat

Dec 22, 2011
Thank goodness someone else is out there who wants a stylus capable tablet.
So many people complain about a resistive screen vs. a capacitive screen. I'd so much prefer a resistive screen that uses fingernails or a stylus!
I'd love to see more tablets listed here (aside from the HTC models) that use a stylus.
Thanks much!