lost soft key

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
During the day I still had it and then all of a sudden last night I realized I didn't have it anymore. Awful feeling not to be able to go back! But I downloaded button savior and I love it, wish I would have done it earlier. I still want to know what happened to my soft key though...
.can anybody help?
gloria

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
doesnt softkey have a very small icon which u have to tap at. maybe u moved it somewhere else on the screen by mistake. try looking hard for it.

if you mean its disappeared totally, even off of the applications list, see if it coincided with you installing some other app which caused incompatibility/overwrite issues.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
unless you somehow uninstalled softkeys, it should still be listed in your app drawer. it sounds like it stopped running for some reason as the persisten button is actually a service that runs. just power off and back on should restore it.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
My money says you don't have it excluded from your task killer.

+1 for this (if using a task killer)

I am curious if you tried a reboot before installing button savior, and if not, did it come back when you did a reboot?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Sorry guys ......heavy working weekend. So,it is not in my app drawer and no I didn't reboot before installing button savior. I reboot after I read your post but nothing happened. I remember playing with something ,may be battery solo widget?- that unnistalled already and I remember beiing asked- do you want to use home or the launcher and I clicked home. I can't remember what. I was trying to do. :confused:

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
No, it did exactly the job it was intened to do. It kills the things that kill your battery. Unfortunately, it didn't know you wanted to keep that one running. Button programs have to be left running so they're ready when you want to use them, therefore you have to exclude it from the kill list.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you for the explanation, I guess I'm lucky somebody invented the button savior because I like it and I'm not going to miss my softkey. I 'm going to search for the developer and donate!