M701 Newbie can't log into google account

hotbaws

Nov 3, 2010
Hi all,

I've just received my M701 tablet (hdmi version) and everything so far has been working fine except that I can't even log into my google account (or set a new one up).

I've connected it to my wifi and can use the browser/youtube/maps to browse the net but can't even see the market, never mind use it due to this problem. From having a read I thought the market problems are with downloading and not logging in???

any pointers would be appreciated. cheers.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Hi all,

I've just received my M701 tablet (hdmi version) and everything so far has been working fine except that I can't even log into my google account (or set a new one up).

I've connected it to my wifi and can use the browser/youtube/maps to browse the net but can't even see the market, never mind use it due to this problem. From having a read I thought the market problems are with downloading and not logging in???

any pointers would be appreciated. cheers.

Can you have someone else see if they can sign in with their Google account?

Don't do too much after because removing an account says it requires the device to reset to defaults.

The Google sign-in is typically only the username without any @gmail.com part.

hotbaws

Nov 3, 2010
Can you have someone else see if they can sign in with their Google account?

Don't do too much after because removing an account says it requires the device to reset to defaults.

The Google sign-in is typically only the username without any @gmail.com part.

After I type in my login details, it tries to contact google to confirm but it comes back with an error saying there was a problem. It doesn't look like its actually making a connection with google but I'm confused as the browser works ok???

The same happens if I follow the process for creating a new google account. It doesn't save any of the info I type in when I exit the setup (i.e. using the back button on the tablet).

S87

Oct 10, 2010
After I type in my login details, it tries to contact google to confirm but it comes back with an error saying there was a problem. It doesn't look like its actually making a connection with google but I'm confused as the browser works ok???

The same happens if I follow the process for creating a new google account. It doesn't save any of the info I type in when I exit the setup (i.e. using the back button on the tablet).

Resetting the device is the fix I see listed most often for this problem. (Though I don't see any reset under Settings, might be under accounts & sync)

Others who had this problem reset the device to factory default and then were able to enter the Google account after the restart.

hotbaws

Nov 3, 2010
Resetting the device is the fix I see listed most often for this problem. (Though I don't see any reset under Settings, might be under accounts & sync)

Others who had this problem reset the device to factory default and then were able to enter the Google account after the restart.

hmm... under privacy we have a factory reset but it says I need to connect a usb host... possibly a new flash file?

For info under settings I have the #129 build

hotbaws

Nov 3, 2010
managed to get it working, not exactly sure if it was because I gave up for a week before trying again or if it was because i used one of the dev tools apps that came pre-installed with an option to test the market.

On another note, I updated the firmware at a later date and the market registered first time!