Market Apps won't download/MID m806b

Amberfara

Nov 25, 2011
I purchased a MID m806b Android 2.2 Tablet today and I am not able to download any apps from the market. I registered with my gmail account, and can access the market and the apps fine, but during the download a message pops up and says "the application was unable to download". Can anyone help me? I am famliar with the Android market but unsure what is preventing these apps from downloading. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is a Christmas gift for my daughter. Thanks in advance! Amber

amg1980

Dec 4, 2011
I am having the same problem. I set it up and it worked the first time. After that google talk won't authenticate anymore and i can't download any apps. I also don't feel like the market is showing all of the same apps as you see on a phone. When I try to go to the actual market website, it pulls up and I log in,but when i try to download it tells me that there isn't a recognized phone??? Very frustrated.

sara2088

Dec 6, 2011
I'm having the same problem too! When I first started using my tablet the facebook app that comes with the tablet would work just fine, now that has stopped working and I get the "forced close" message and I cannot download any of the apps in the market. Please help! Any suggestions would be appretiated!!

rosieaudrie

Dec 5, 2011
I am having the same problem, I just purchased my Android Tablet 2.2 and I was able to download apps, then it just stopped working. HELP!

Cuda1970

Dec 9, 2011
Had the same problem the app that comes with it is not recoginize.Go to Google on tablet put in Slide Sam go to sight and download there maim app schould get you going.

angelzbeans

Dec 9, 2011
I purchased a MID m806b Android 2.2 Tablet today and I am not able to download any apps from the market. I registered with my gmail account, and can access the market and the apps fine, but during the download a message pops up and says "the application was unable to download". Can anyone help me? I am famliar with the Android market but unsure what is preventing these apps from downloading. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This is a Christmas gift for my daughter. Thanks in advance! Amber

Hi, I understand how frustrating this is. I just recently purchased an MID Tablet on ebay for my kids for xmas & when I got them the apps wouldnt work & it wouldnt sign into google talk. After hours of trying to fix it myself I called the support helpline on the manual it came with. The guy I talked to was very helpful & explained step by step. He told me my software needed to be updated, for the android market & google talk to work. So he gave me this website for the updated firmware. It has to be downloaded from your home computer not the tablet! HYBRiD_WM8650_Uberoid_v6FiNAL.7z then after I clicked on the download button on that page & it was finished downloading,go to 7-Zip & download that, then I had to find where it was on my computer & transfer it to a micro SD card that is inserted into the tower of your computer using a BLANK OR NEW SD card adapter (bought at best Buy for $11) after transfering it to the micro SD card, remove it from the tower, TURN OFF YOUR MID TABLET FIRST then insert into your MID Tablet & turn it on, it will update your tablet. DO TOUCH IT WHILE ITS UPDATING. After its down & says 100% remove your micro sd card, & it will reset its self. Then when it comes back on click on the wmt.launcher button, check default. Then go to settings & set your touchpanel calibration. It should work now. Mine does. Just to let you know there are some apps that will not work on the tablet like Angry birds, facebook, etc.because they arent compatible with the tablet. But I'm hoping I can still find a way to download them. Bobbie :)

Last edited:

squidge

Dec 27, 2011
Hi, I understand how frustrating this is. I just recently purchased an MID Tablet on ebay for my kids for xmas & when I got them the apps wouldnt work & it wouldnt sign into google talk. After hours of trying to fix it myself I called the support helpline on the manual it came with. The guy I talked to was very helpful & explained step by step. He told me my software needed to be updated, for the android market & google talk to work. So he gave me this website for the updated firmware. It has to be downloaded from your home computer not the tablet! HYBRiD_WM8650_Uberoid_v6FiNAL.7z then after I clicked on the download button on that page & it was finished downloading,go to 7-Zip & download that, then I had to find where it was on my computer & transfer it to a micro SD card that is inserted into the tower of your computer using a BLANK OR NEW SD card adapter (bought at best Buy for $11) after transfering it to the micro SD card, remove it from the tower, TURN OFF YOUR MID TABLET FIRST then insert into your MID Tablet & turn it on, it will update your tablet. DO TOUCH IT WHILE ITS UPDATING. After its down & says 100% remove your micro sd card, & it will reset its self. Then when it comes back on click on the wmt.launcher button, check default. Then go to settings & set your touchpanel calibration. It should work now. Mine does. Just to let you know there are some apps that will not work on the tablet like Angry birds, facebook, etc.because they arent compatible with the tablet. But I'm hoping I can still find a way to download them. Bobbie :)

Hi :) I've just bought this tablet for my son for xmas and i'm having the same problem as mentioned above. I was proper grateful to come across this link and find out that i'm not the only one having issues!! lol I've gone to follow the instructions mentioned here, but that first link is telling me that the file is now a private file. Can anyone offer any updated advice to me here please as I'd love to get this sorted for my ikkle son :)

azranger9711

Dec 16, 2011
Hi folks I have same MID M806 Tablet. This tablet does not seem to be able to use the Android market, but here is a good alternative!
Go to the Amazon site and request a link to download their free Amazon Appstore (for Android).
Once you have downloaded that software you'll be able to download any of the apps in the Amazon Appstore both free and purchase. (you'll need to set up an Amazon acct. to purchase)

07asgillum

Dec 27, 2011
i have a question i have lost the manual for my tablet and it is a mid what is the support line number??? and thanks sounds like that might fix my issues or at least i hope. this question is for bobbie.

Last edited:

drubincam

Dec 27, 2011
We purchased 2 of these for our 2 children for Christmas, they were so excited to download their favorite apps and can't do it, SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! Nobody ever answers at the help line, just a recording, nobody answers emails! I took the advice of the other person on here and downloaded the Amazon Appstore but you need an SD Card in order to download their apps.

squidge

Dec 27, 2011
After much researching after my sons M806B wouldnt download from Market Android, I found this piece of advice on another forum. I tried it, and hey presto, IT NOW WORKS!!!!! This is what I was told to do.....
I got an answer for this problem from the seller of the Android 2.2 tablet (7"):

First of all, the "app market" is not the android market. Go to the "Market" for the correct Android market.

Navigate to the "Market" by going to the app menu icon on the bottom right of the screen. The Market app appears as a shopping bag with the android logo on it.

1. Open the Market app and press the home button in the upper left corner of the screen to return to homepage.

2. Go to "Settings/Applications/Manage/Running

3. Press Market

4. Press "Clear Cache" (do not press clear data)

5. Press Force Stop

6. Return to Settings/Applications/Manage/Running

7. Press "Google Services Framework"

8. Press "Clear Data"

9. Press "Force Stop"

10.Go back to home screen and press the Market app to Start Google Market, and you will get an error message.

11.Shut off and turn the tablet back on. Once back in, the market should work. If you get an error message at this point, just wait a little longer and try again.

12.Everything should work at this point.

Hope this helps the rest of you, cos ours is tip top now :)

Hyperdude120

Jan 18, 2012
After much researching after my sons M806B wouldnt download from Market Android, I found this piece of advice on another forum. I tried it, and hey presto, IT NOW WORKS!!!!! This is what I was told to do.....

Quote too large, so I shrinked it.

It worked. Thank you very much, sir.

Last edited:

nettech

Jan 26, 2012
1. Open the Market app and press the home button in the upper left corner of the screen to return to homepage.

2. Go to "Settings/Applications/Manage/Running

3. Press Market

4. Press "Clear Cache" (do not press clear data)

5. Press Force Stop

6. Return to Settings/Applications/Manage/Running

7. Press "Google Services Framework"

8. Press "Clear Data"

9. Press "Force Stop"

10. Go back to home screen and press the Market app to Start Google Market, and you will get an error message.

11. Shut off and turn the tablet back on. Once back in, the market should work. If you get an error message at this point, just wait a little longer and try again.

12. Everything should work at this point.

Made mine work!

Grandy

Jan 28, 2012
I have a MID 701 and had exactly the same problems as everyone here. I realized the date I set was NOT set properly and it read 2000. When I changed it to today's time and date and saved it, everything worked fine with no problem. don't forget if you reset your tab you will have to reset the time and date again, well I had to?