Market fix that works

golou

Dec 22, 2010
Is there an actual fix to the market on this tablet? I have rooted the device as mention by tipstir and everything works great, overclocking and the other stuff, but I still can't get the market to download apps. What is the deal? Also the Rotate L and Rotate P don't work either. I have the icons on my home screen but if I am say trying to read a PDF how do I get them to work. Sorry for the questions.

mvaughn12

Oct 30, 2010
I rooted both my Kids and then followed the same set up as my Viewsonic for market set up

install market, they start it up. close out of market and
Go into Settings – Applications – Manage Applications - and Force Stop both the Market and Google Services Framework apps, [ADD] also 'Clear Data' on 'Google Services Framework' (after stopping it in same screen). reboot tablet and it works. you can also clear the data in TB if you have have installed if not they procedure seems to work flawlessly.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
for rotate d what ever you set on the homescreen should carry over to other apps (pdf's)

darksonny

Jan 19, 2011
I rooted both my Kids and then followed the same set up as my Viewsonic for market set up

Go into Settings – Applications – Manage Applications - and Force Stop both the Market and Google Services Framework apps, [ADD] also 'Clear Data' on 'Google Services Framework' (after stopping it in same screen). reboot tablet and it works. you can also clear the data in TB if you have have installed if not they procedure seems to work flawlessly.

Been trying for weeks to get market to work, thanks.

EastCoastKat

Jan 8, 2011
Hi could explain a little more? I have it installed so should I uninstall it and then reinstall and follow your directions? Thanks so much, I am a real newbe!

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010

I have tried looking in 'manage applications', filter on 'all'; in 'running processes'; but I CANNOT FIND 'google services framework'! Is it possible, that it is under another name (I see lots of google services listed); I would really love to get market on my Gentouch (Gen 1)..
Thanks for any advice in advance!

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
I found out today the market works for me.I use the pandora themed rooted ROM.it never worked until the other night I did a factory reset.now all the sudden it works weird huh.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, this is known; after a factory reset it works for about a day, than Market does not work any more.. Advice: install all your software from Market, still it works!
But I am looking for a persistent market fix; so still looking for some advice where to find "google services framework", or maybe it is under another name on the Gentouch??

pharoah

Sep 5, 2010
Oh right didn't realize a reset made it work temporarily.mine had never worked even after flashing new firmware.well its been about a week and its still working.

sent from my augen gentouch78 via tapatalk