Augen Gentouch Recommended Apps

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Okay I got this File Expert loaded. Wow (Local) = Internal/External Storage or (Network) = LAN/Shares. At first this app kept on crashing. Now it seems to work. I can see all my network Windows 7 64-bit shares folders by icon or by list view (best). I just clicked on all the downloaded apps.apk and then do instant wireless download to my external storage microSDHC. But going back to the app I get Sorry! Activity File Expert (in application File Expert) is not responding! If you let it wait it out then the program will return. So it has some kinks in it still. But usable.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Launch X Pro changes the main desktop to look like or mimic a droid smart phone wit hwidgets and multi-screens and 14 icons. I was testing that out, will report back later on it.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Launch X Pro changes the main desktop to look like or mimic a droid smart phone wit hwidgets and multi-screens and 14 icons. I was testing that out, will report back later on it.

The best launcher in my opinion is Launcher Pro.. you can get it directly from the developers site for free at LauncherPro « it's awsome... gives you the option of up to 7 home screens and custom shortcut tabs at the bottom of the screen 5 positions and 3 docks that you can scroll from side to side.... plus custom icons. Really neat... check it out... plus has a feature to back up the way you have your screens set up... comes in handy on my droid when i change roms... i just reload the apps via titanium back up and reload the settings from launcher pro... voila the screens are back the way i had them... all but widgets.. the way android is set up you can't back that info up...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes I had that program and the Launch X Pro and there is Home XXX one also. Need Widgets to have them running.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED... Startup Manager..... it has the ability to allow you to select apps and system functions to be loaded or not to be loaded on startup.... frees up sys resources... check it out and see what you think.....it's in the utilities folder and then launchers & task managers....

OHHH BTW.. the App requires ROOT.....

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Startup Manager sounds like Advanced Task Killer Pro. Might look at that one thanks. I really didn't want to load so many apps into memory. I have Memory Lite and Advanced Task Killer Pro. I'll try the STartup Manager. Those of you who are into games and such you can see what I have in my ES Manager.
39235_420342402948_579882948_4883804_4276286_n.jpg

I got microSDHC 16GB Class (4) (4mb/s) on order got that dirt cheap.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Startup Manager sounds like Advanced Task Killer Pro. Might look at that one thanks. I really didn't want to load so many apps into memory. I have Memory Lite and Advanced Task Killer Pro. I'll try the STartup Manager. Those of you who are into games and such you can see what I have in my ES Manager.
39235_420342402948_579882948_4883804_4276286_n.jpg

I got microSDHC 16GB Class (4) (4mb/s) on order got that dirt cheap.

DUDE... MAN.. SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!!!!!!!

Elton John.... come on... dang.....LMAO :)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
My Settings app - this one a must it can put the unit in Airplane Mode and then use GT WiFi On (this will increase battery life)
WiFi Buddy app - this one a must
WiFi Analyzer app - think of this as inSSIDer used on Windows OS for analyzing your 2.4GHz/5G WiFi

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
WebSharing File/Media Sync for Android Download v1.6.1
Allows you to share apps from PC to the Android. So you can download to the PC then send it to the Android. Or you can stream Music, Videos to the Android. Seems a lot better than using File Expert.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Here's a neat little app that i found that is a huge help on the GT78,for me at least, it allows you to place app short cuts directly in your notification bar. i'm using it specifically with the Rotate D app so that i don't have to go back the home screens or app drawer to change orientation.. i just pull down my notification bar and tap which orientation i want.. I'm sure some of you clever folks could find MANY more uses for it.

Bar Control (1.1.0).apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

once installed you pick the app you'd like to have in the bar from a list of available apps on the device..
unfortunatly it can't load the native icon .. they have a list of default icons to choose from... and if you don't want any icons, just text, you can disable icons from the the settings.

$notificatioon screeny.jpg

edit 9/2/10.... evidently this only works with Launcher pro.. I tried with the native "Home".. it didn't work.. so...

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Here's a neat little app that i found that is a huge help on the GT78,for me at but if you have it on your device.. you can put it there i believe...

Bar Control (1.1.0).apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

once installed you pick the app you'd like to have in the bar.. unfortunatly it can't load the native icon .. they have a list of default icons to choose from... and if you don't want any icons, just text, you can disable icons from the the settings.

View attachment 94

What's the RoateP / RoateL and are those automatic?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
It's the app icons generated by the rotate D. Apk.... no they're manual.... I just saves you from having to go back to home to access them via a shortcut on a home screen or the apps drawr... you just pull down the notification bar and talk which orientation you want...

don't tell me someone's figured out how to get this thing to flip automatically and I've been doing it manually all this time.. lol... I didn't think this thing physically had the hardware sensor to register that...