Marketplace on Toshiba Folio 100

larah

Nov 6, 2010
Hi,
Right is nearly 2am so I am giving up for tonight, but I am close to getting Market working on the Tosh Folio 100 but need some final help as I am new to this.

I got the Folio rooted using SuperOneClick after doing the Nvidia Tegra tweaks to the SDK

Then I installed google apps inc vending.apk using this excellent thread:

The Viewsonic G Tablet Super Thread (w/Market, Gmail, and Maps!) - xda-developers

All worked great and restarted the Folio with WiFi connected

Ran Market and it asked me to logon to Google Account (I have existing account)

Market eventually errors with
"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"

So I'm at the end of my basic knowledge and wondered if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks

gravity

Nov 9, 2010
also rooting a folio 100 so I can run Market on it (had no idea it didn't support Market, should have done my homework)...anything you or anyone else can add would be great

thanks -

neldoreth

Nov 10, 2010
Hi,
Right is nearly 2am so I am giving up for tonight, but I am close to getting Market working on the Tosh Folio 100 but need some final help as I am new to this.

I got the Folio rooted using SuperOneClick after doing the Nvidia Tegra tweaks to the SDK

Then I installed google apps inc vending.apk using this excellent thread:

The Viewsonic G Tablet Super Thread (w/Market, Gmail, and Maps!) - xda-developers

All worked great and restarted the Folio with WiFi connected

Ran Market and it asked me to logon to Google Account (I have existing account)

Market eventually errors with
"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"

So I'm at the end of my basic knowledge and wondered if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks

Please, can you tell us (for noobs, if is that possible) how can we root the Folio 100. Or where can i find the info. Thanks.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Go to xda for stuff like this. Read up first and ask questions if you really need help. If I had the device myself I might have been able to help.