Marshmallow, Assorted Bluetooth Issues

augidog

Dec 26, 2016
My 6.0.1 Tablet seems to have fully-functioning Bluetooth, yet it does not "see" my new Viper VTooth Dartboard. My BB Classic detects it, so the dartboard appears to be working, but the phone is not compatible.

I've seen various issues reported around the internet about Bluetooth dropping off after upgrading from Lollipop to Marshmallow. I'm wondering if I should try to downgrade my tablet to 5 from 6, and would like input from anyone experienced in this area. Thanks in advance.

augidog

Dec 26, 2016
slow board we have here. ok, I'll talk to myself, and if anyone finds this, it may be helpful. I'm looking for a solution to the dartboard problem, and playing around a bit.

I found an .APK that does cool stuff with my tablet, but that doesn't mean I know what it'll do with yours. "Bluetooth Discoverable" is a widget that gives you a gray button, tap it and it turns on bluetooth and then asks to turn on "discoverable" for 2 minutes. Tap "allow" and it turns green and gives the message "discoverable ON"...and it totally works without having the settings open.

But, it still acts different than it should. In MY case, when the button is green, I have NO TIMEOUT on discoverable, even half an hour later. You have to play around with combinations of the settings page (open or minimized) and the widget to see what it will do for you.

It didn't solve the dartboard problem, which I'm now positive is the dartboard and not my Tablet, but pretty cool nonetheless...and I think it may help with some of the "Bluetooth after upgrade" problems I've seen people having around the internet.

Last edited: