maybe getting too ambitious now but...

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
have wondered if its possible to connect my wifes camera to the eken m001 somehow.

i would need to get some sort of 30 pin mini usb adapter (on the eken) to a female usb socket first - can't find one on my usual searches maybe someone will know?

If that works the camera should show up as an external drive where i could look at the photos (maybe)

Have managed to solve every issue so far for answers on here so thanks guys for that, hopefully when i get more experience can give some more info back.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
that does sound a little ambitious first 30 pin adapter your talking about is going to need to be made but is possible that way the tablet can see info coming in and doesnt just see it as going out the how to can be found here (hopefully the site is up and running its a hit or miss so keep trying) but then seeing the camera as an external memory that might or might not work but you can try it and let us know :) but if not you can also just take the sd card out and plug it into the tablet.

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
that does sound a little ambitious first 30 pin adapter your talking about is going to need to be made but is possible that way the tablet can see info coming in and doesnt just see it as going out the how to can be found here (hopefully the site is up and running its a hit or miss so keep trying) but then seeing the camera as an external memory that might or might not work but you can try it and let us know :) but if not you can also just take the sd card out and plug it into the tablet.
Ive ordered a usb female/female socket to try it was only £1.20 on ebay, that will mean i can leave the 30 pin to usb lead alone and plug my camera in by usb as per normal or my usb multicard reader (its not a sdcard in the camera)
will feedback when i get it - think im pushing the apad to the limits!!

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
Thought I'd feedback on the idea of getting a double female usb socket - doesn't work.
I tried various things, plugging the camera in, plugging 2 different usb hubs and storage devices in.
Looking at the devices that have a feedback to say they are connected by an led lighting up I can only think that the 30 pin lead does not supply power which most of the devices i have need - I maybe wrong?
Back to the drawing board.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I do not think the interface of the direct connect for Phones was built-in. Some PMPs have this capability (Read Archos) but other devices do not. It is likely no one considered the potential. I think it is a good idea actually.
BTW: I tried the same thing on putting a dual USB end on my EPad, No Go. Nor would a unpowered or Powered USB hub. I think the internal driver was not included for USB Hubs in my build.

Keep in mind, the Android Tablets are still a work in progress and right now some of the best firmwares are being "cooked" by enthusiasts. The 2.2 Froyo has more feature integrated capability and this may be one of them. But I have not played with a 2.2 Tablet yet.

Best of Luck

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
Thanks Gurgle like anything I get something new (my wifes actually) and can see extensions to it, 2.2 wont work on the M001 will it?
Maybe i should have got my wife a later model so i could push it further.