MicroSD will NOT mount!!

jpinsl

Dec 3, 2011
I had a similar issue, here's what solved it for me:

On rooted stock HC 3.2 ROM, I first formatted a Samsung-branded 16gb Class 4 SDHC MicroSD card using Window 7.
Formatted the card to NTFS (which HC 3.2 will recognize) and FAT32. Neither would mount.

Then, I put the card in an Android phone (GB 2.2) and formatted it. That worked.

So, suggest updating your ROM to 3.2 for NTFS support. Then try formatting the card in an Android device if that doesn't work.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Formatted the card to NTFS (which HC 3.2 will recognize) and FAT32. Neither would mount.

Then, I put the card in an Android phone (GB 2.2) and formatted it. That worked.

So, suggest updating your ROM to 3.2 for NTFS support. Then try formatting the card in an Android device if that doesn't work.

Look, folks, this is how superstitions get started.
People try all sorts of shotgun solutions and at some point it works, so they assume you have to go thru all those steps.

Format the card in Windows, and check the option to "check for errors".
Power down the tablet, then insert card. Then Power up and GIVE IT A FEW MINUTES.

The reboot is often necessary because when you insert any memory device the Acer rebuilds a cache of
thumbnails. If you start plugging and unplugging while it is either clearing or rebuilding thumbnails you confuse
it to the point where it just gives up and ignores the tablet.

There is no reason to format to NTFS or format in another phone or any of that stuff.
This isn't a disk drive where the heads can be misaligned from one computer to the next.

I was eating fried chicken at the time I formatted my Microsd card. Maybe it will work for you.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The old fried chicken sd mount method, I heard it actually increases the spead of read/write access as well. Probably the grease, but that's just a guess and I don't want anyone to be disappointed if they aren't technically proficient enough to implement it properly.

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Was it crispy or regular? I'm still having issues and hope you can tell me ;)

ArmyofMike

Jan 4, 2012
Lmao Icebike!!

Thank you all for your help.

I ended up sending it back to where I bought it for an exchange...I hope the next one performs better.

Now I have to wait again to get it. :(

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Look, folks, this is how superstitions get started.

This isn't a disk drive where the heads can be misaligned from one computer to the next.

I was eating fried chicken at the time I formatted my Microsd card. Maybe it will work for you.

Was the famous SOUTHERN FRIED variety? Come on it got to be!

ArmyofMike

Jan 4, 2012
Wooot!! Got my replacement A500 and the MicroSD mounts perfect!! It must have been a software issue. I'm so glad this bad boy is up to speed.

Now I'm just downloading and installing the gobs of OS updates! What is the OS number for ICS? 4.1? So far mine has updated to 3.2.

Thanks again all for your help- Close the book.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Doubt it was a software issue. I'm suspecting damaged/dirty microSD contacts in the slot.
If it were software, far more people would be reporting it.