MID Tablet PC only downloads a few apps

timkay2

Nov 27, 2011
Hi,

I have a MID Tablet PC (Model WP-1000) with ARM cpu and Android 2.2. When I started the tablet, it only showed a few android apps. I then downloaded the Google Play Store .apk application and now have the full spectrum of downloads. The problem is i am very limited in what I can download. Ninety percent of the time I try to download a game or an app, it states the application is not compatible with my device. Is is because it is running 2.2?

It is a very generic tablet with no manufacturer name on the box, so I have no idea if there is an Android upgrade available. Can someone please offer some insight as to why only a few apps will load?

Thank you,

Tim

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
This is the consistent problem of many of the newer apps and trying to use them on a generic/low cost tablet. It is not the version.2.2 will be adequate for many, but the processor or available memory. I would ask how much you paid for it, My guess is about $100 or less. It is unfortunate, there many tablets which can run many of the apps, with just a bit more horsepower and RAM. There is likely no FW update available and the unit is using technology that is at least 1y old in Tablet age that is 3 generations in HW.

timkay2

Nov 27, 2011
Thank you for your reply. You're correct, I paid $99 for it, but have had other tablets from China that worked great. It comes with 512MB of memory and 4GB (flash) hard disk. I've noticed when I try to download from the Amazon store, the device tells me I need to install an SD card. I've never seen this before. In addition, when I go to the Google Play Store and go to the games application>free games, it only lists about 20 games. My other devices would list 500 on the same page. I tried to look for an app called "Draw Something Free" and while my son has it in his list of free games, it does not show up my device. When trying to download another app, it states "error processing purchase." In your opinion, should I just send it back?

Thank you.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Sometimes this is resolved, but NOT always by doing the Market Fix, Search on it, and try those steps. It is not hazardous and may resolve.