mid x5a apps loading prob

derek

Jan 2, 2011
Hi guys newbie to all this so be gentle .
I have just got a mid x5a tablet totally new to all this so still learning .I have nit got a sd memory card in it yet so whether thaks will make a difference you will tell me .I have tried downloading a few apps from the android market ,(angry birds ,and anothe one i cannot remember but on angry birds i dont have any script in the boxes on screen but i can manage to play the app .is this down to not having a sd card in or is it somthing else. On the other app it said download complete and installed but nothing comes up on screen .
Many thanks

ps sorry if this is in the wrong place

Derek

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Angry birds doesn't work properly on every device its just that simple and what is the other app specifically

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

derek

Jan 2, 2011
Hi thanks for that i did not realise all apps don't work on some devices.so accept that .
I have another problem started last night. When i try to download an app from the market. click on accept .it shows in top left corner for about 5 seconds that it is downloading but then just stops . i dont know if i have messed somthing up on it .settings/applications/running services /for the market it says
Process;com.android.vending . so looks like this could be the problem ,but i dont know how to fix it lol . any help appreciated please.

Derek

derek

Jan 2, 2011
Thanks guys for all your help found the answer on another forum very helpful

cherubmaker

Feb 9, 2011
Hi Derek, having same problem as you with d/l of apps, or rather NOT...

What did you do to sort out problem or what website did you go to?

Many thanks Tracy

derek

Jan 2, 2011
Hi Tracy
I had to totally restore to factory settings but it did the trick ,It has been fine since tyhen until last night when the same thing happened i am trawling the net trying to find another solution as the above wipes everything off, This is how to to it Android 2.1 tablet factory rest - Android Forums
Hope this helps
Derek

cherubmaker

Feb 9, 2011
Hi Derek, many thanks for replying to my cry for help. lol.... But unfortunately I have tried to factory reset by pressing & holding the house button once the "bird" is on screen and nothing happens?? It just goes straight to the main menu as normal?? Am I doing something wrong?? Its seriously doing my head in now....... Any suggestions and did the reset work for you???

Thanks once again

Tracy x

Jul 30, 2011
X5a / X6d Factory Reset
The later versions of the X5a / X6d have a mechanical method of entering factory reset if you are unable to switch the device on and go through the android menu system.

Firstly, start with the device turned off.

Press and hold the Power button & Home key until you see the android logo with an inset exclamation mark.

Let go of the buttons and press the Menu button at which point you will have some options on screen.

Select factory reset and, once done, your tablet will turn off

Switch on again and allow to boot

Hope that helps

It worked for me

Stuart.freak666