MID7012 - how to copy files to it?

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
I want to follow the post to install Android marketplace, but how do I get files over to it? It doesn't show up in My Computer in Windows XP.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Do you see the USB symbol and the Android bug in the notificatio bar when connecting the tablet to the computer using the supplied USB cable? If yes, open the notification bar, tap on the USB connect and turn on storage mode. If you don't see it, something is wrong or you have to go to Settings -> Advanced settings an put USB in "device mode". After doing this you should see your tablet like you do when you use a thumb drive.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
When I plug it into Windows it says "Found new hardware MID" but can't find a driver. So, it never shows up in My Computer.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
Since this post I've downloaded Android SDK. I've downloaded the USB drivers. I point it to the USB folder and it says:

The file "WinUSBCoInstaller.dll" on Android WinUsb installation disk is needed.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I don't think you need drivers to mount tablet's storage on computer, these drivers are for debugging (adb) AFAIK.

Did you tablet come with a manual? It should explain how to do it...

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
I don't believe it had a manual. I do see one on their website. It says something about hitting a mount button I've never seen. When I plug it in to my computer, Windows is looking for drivers for "MID".

I'll try again when I get home from work.

bjy20716

Nov 7, 2011
Mine worked fine in Windows 7. All you do is plug in the tablet and on the tablet itself you have to click turn on USB storage. It maybe in the pull down menu.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
Got it to work! I had the unit on when plugging it into the computer. Unit needs to be off. Plug in then power on. Then asks to turn on USB Storage.

Thanks a bunch guys!

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
That's great you got it working, glad to hear that yuppicide, I saw your other thread but I don't have any advice for you on that, it shouldn't be long before someone with mroe knowledge can reply to your other thread, though if you ran a search of "market on the 7012 without rooting" I am sure a few good resource threads would come up for you. :)