[MID7022] FYI - USB mouse works out-of-box

jimcpl

Aug 10, 2011
Hi,

I'm still "learning" my new MID7022, and I was reviewing at the dmesg and noticed that it apparently has a USB HID driver that loads during boot, so I tried using the micro-USB-to-USB cable that came with the MID7022, and plugged in one of my USB mice, and was surprised that the mouse worked. Not only that, but I get a mouse cursor on the display also (the reason for the surprise, is that on my stock Gtablet, mouse works, but no cursor).

Pretty cool!!

I'm wondering now if I use a USB hub (maybe powered?), I might be able to hook both a mouse and keyboard simultaneously.

Has anyone tried that with a MID7022 yet?

Jim

russell_t

Jul 30, 2011
I'm wondering now if I use a USB hub (maybe powered?), I might be able to hook both a mouse and keyboard simultaneously.

Has anyone tried that with a MID7022 yet?

Jim

Yes... I have a USB keyboard and a USB mouse (from an Acer desktop purchase) that I connect simultaneously via a powered USB hub to my 7022 and both work well.

Russell

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Thats really cool! I just attempted to connect an old razer diamondback gaming mouse. I like how right click acts as the back button.

russell_t

Jul 30, 2011
With my USB mouse connected to my 7022, clicking the mouse wheel in Opera Mobile toggles the address & button bars top & bottom of screen.

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Just tried and HTPC trackball remote that I had kicking around; some of the functions work (mouse functions, volume, Direction keys).

Better than nothing I suppose, but it would be good if someone did an app (or something) which could interpret more keyboard command than android seems to recognise natively.

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
There are a few keyboard/mouse combos out there that channel through a single usb receiver so you don't need a hub. Saw two different Logitech sets at Walmart. Around $35-$40. I've also seen them on Amazon. One of those is what I'm going to use with the HDMI feeding my TV for a big-screen laptop setup. :) I thought this also might not draw as much power as two receivers.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, have you given that combination a try?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Pinhead

Dec 5, 2011
Strange, my 7022 won't power up any of the mice I have.

I'm also having trouble with the touchscreen.

I wonder if what is causing my TS to malfunction (driver(s) not loaded at boot, perhaps) is also causing my mouse to not work...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
There is a thread about CWM on 7022 where there is a system backup that many users have reported that after installing it the system got better. You may wanna try it...

Pinhead

Dec 5, 2011
Does the mouse need to run through a powered hub in order to work?

A forum search didn't bring up anything about "CWM." Could you direct me to a link?

EDIT: I suspect you meant ClockWorkMod, which I have installed.

Where can I download the backup to which you are referring?

Last edited:

Pinhead

Dec 5, 2011
Dang it. If you were suggesting I should install fun's ROM to fix the TS problem, then it seem that the endeavor may be futile; I've already installed his ROM. :/

EDIT: I bought the Tab on eBay with no cables and I didn't realize I needed an OTG cable, which explains why my mouse won't work. TYVM.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Nope, it's a backup ROM from a member of this very forum (I think it was thickerblicker, something like this... :p ).