[MOD] Hardware for Louder Headphone on A1-810

Th3_uN1Qu3

Aug 19, 2014
The Acer Iconia A1-810 has a fairly unimpressive headphone output, so i opened her up to see what can be done. Here is how you get louder sound out of it.

Tools needed:
  • Soldering iron with fine tip
  • 0.5mm solder
  • Fine insulated wire, 0.15mm diameter or smaller
  • Flux paste
  • A steady hand :)
Instructions:
  • Take the back off your tablet. It is only held in by clips so you can take it off with your fingernail. Start at the MicroSD slot.
  • Solder wires as per the picture (careful with the resistors on the right, they are VERY VERY SMALL)
  • Clean up
  • Enjoy a louder tablet.
Note that what this does is bypass some filtering so there may be a little more noise on the output, especially if you are connecting your tablet to a larger sound system. But if you're just using it with headphones it will sound louder with no issues.

The complete solution would be a bit more involved and needs some parts that i don't have on hand right now. Expect some updates soon..

bWRp8ZT.jpg

I have also acquired the full schematics for this tablet if anyone needs them.

wolf tatoo

Jan 12, 2015
The Acer Iconia A1-810 has a fairly unimpressive headphone output, so i opened her up to see what can be done. Here is how you get louder sound out of it.

Tools needed:
  • Soldering iron with fine tip
  • 0.5mm solder
  • Fine insulated wire, 0.15mm diameter or smaller
  • Flux paste
  • A steady hand :)
Instructions:
  • Take the back off your tablet. It is only held in by clips so you can take it off with your fingernail. Start at the MicroSD slot.
  • Solder wires as per the picture (careful with the resistors on the right, they are VERY VERY SMALL)
  • Clean up
  • Enjoy a louder tablet.
Note that what this does is bypass some filtering so there may be a little more noise on the output, especially if you are connecting your tablet to a larger sound system. But if you're just using it with headphones it will sound louder with no issues.

The complete solution would be a bit more involved and needs some parts that i don't have on hand right now. Expect some updates soon..

bWRp8ZT.jpg

I have also acquired the full schematics for this tablet if anyone needs them.

Can u please upload the A1-810 Schematics.
And good job BTW.