Motorola Xoom price rumor - WIFI only - "Around $600"

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
As of February 16th, 2011 the most updated rumor is that the Motorola Xoom (WIFI only version) will be priced "around $600". This was confirmed by Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha. The unsubsidized version will be $799.99.

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Hmm.... good question. No one has really answered that.... I would assume though, now that i'm thinking about it.

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
$299 has to be on contract...Guarantee it. But that is good news because that means the thing outside will be at most double that figure (imho)

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
Over at engadget they are saying there is a leak and that XOOM will be at $799 outright.

Sigh, I knew Motorola were going to take my bankroll but was hoping they would have mercy on my poor soul.

regnaD kciN

Jan 22, 2011
Speaking as someone who's looking at the possibility of buying an Xoom, I'd say that a $799 price tag would suddenly make me start considering the virtues of the iPad.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
This is a deal breaker for quite a lot of people. A bunch of tech websites are saying this will definitely assure that the iPad2 will kick Xoom's butt.

You cannot compete with the iPad(2) products by competing directly with their prices. Motorola should know this... big fail. I for one would spend up to $600 for this.. but $800... NO WAY, NO HOW....

If this price is true... i'm very disappointed....

jjhiza

Jan 1, 2011
$800 is a lot, but honestly, everyone complained about the Galaxy Tab pricing before its release as well. Unfortunately, this unsubsidized price policy seems to be carrier's way of combating our rampant modding trend. If they can't get $30 per month, per unit for wireless tethering etc. out of us, it seems we're going to be forced to pay these exorbitant device prices. I wouldn't be surprised to see this pricing model make its way to phones, starting with this summer's launch of the Droid Bionic, and other 4G phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
The problem with $800 is that I also want accessories with my tablet, keyboard, gel case, hard case. It will cost me now over $1000 which is very unappealing...go HTC Scribe?

salzybaby

Oct 5, 2010
$800 is steep. My tablet is toy... I still do my work on a pc either laptop or desktop. That money builds a big mean desktop. Unless recording studio software comes to tablets... A full touch screen DAW would be sweet.

Sent from my Samsung Mesmerize Galaxy S

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Motorola Xoom at Best Buy on Feb. 17? | Android Central

I stopped caring. but supposedly best buy availability Feb 17.
9t2H7.jpg