Motorola Xoom price rumor - WIFI only - "Around $600"

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
All I can say is that this is SUCH a shame. The arrogance of Motorola is simply astounding. It doesn't matter that it is far superior to iPad in terms of technology and capability. Am I the only one that thinks this is going to be a spectacular failure in terms of sales at that price point?

Droid4Life

Jan 24, 2011
All I can say is that this is SUCH a shame. The arrogance of Motorola is simply astounding. It doesn't matter that it is far superior to iPad in terms of technology and capability. Am I the only one that thinks this is going to be a spectacular failure in terms of sales at that price point?

The 32GB iPad is $729...so how is the Xoom that far off?? I think it is going to be a HUGE success!!! Can't wait to get mine!!

Look at the comparison and tell me that its not a STEAL!!

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/23/comparison-chart-motorola-xoom-vs-ipad/

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You are a saavy consumer, and have looked at the core specifics, and realize that it is a better device (see my original post, I say the Xoom is superior). The reality is though that the first thing retailers need to do is get them in the door, when people see iPad started at $499 at Target, Best Buy, etc., and they see Xoom starting at $729, they are going to think the iPad is the better deal.

Droid4Life

Jan 24, 2011
And an INFERIOR product SHOULD be less money...if consumers don't look at the specs of the product they are buying then they deserve an inferior product...

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010

I, along with you, feel that Motorola is blowing a great opportunity. I do not think they will come close to selling 800,000 unites in Q1 with prices like that.... maybe half of that?

BigCardinal

Jan 16, 2011
That price is crazy. Not getting one of those. I was thinking about it, but not with that price.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I don't want to join the bashing wagon. No matter how expensive it is, it should be a quality product backed by a traditionally respectable manufacturer.

It depends on marketing. Right now with all the negative press, I'd say Motorola is failing to appeal.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
just to make sure I am clear on this, I am definitely not bashing the device, I think it is amazing and probably sets the benchmark for others to aspire, my issues are with the marketing group only.

Droid4Life

Jan 24, 2011
I am quite curious...with the Galaxy Tab at $499 and the iPad at $729...where do people think the Xoom belongs if NOT at $700 as RUMORED?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
I think they will sell a ton of these if Verizon sold them for $199.99 with a 2 year contract...and either $399.99 or $499.99 with no contract to begin with. Then in 6 months reduce it by $100.00

Droid4Life

Jan 24, 2011
How do you figure? The Galaxy Tab sells for $499 and that doesn't even compare the capability of the Xoom. And Verizon would never sell a Tablet at the price of a Smartphone...

I think they priced it perfectly. And lets all keep in mind...this is all still but speculation and rumor...but I couldn't imagine it would ever go for less than $600 at launch...

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
600 is the minimum I can see them selling it for. And if that is for the wifi model I am sold. Even at 700 for 3g is decent. The problem I sewer is how much will the accessories cost

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

mwhartman

Jan 28, 2011
It is a deal breaker for me! I gave my iPad to my son and planned on the Xoom as a replacement. Now, I'm leaning to t Nook which I can root and share my apps from my rooted Droid.

Mike

jimmyt

Jul 19, 2010
Yeah I have 3 tablets to experiment with. Motorola won't be an addition at that price...I would rather wait and get a better Eken.

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
These companies become faaar too proud of their products. They just shot themselves in the foot if this is truly the price. I expect the Samsung tab to drop in price soon and I may opt for that just because it works and works well. Maybe I won't be a first adopter of the newest and greatest tabs if this is the pricing they are asking for them.