Move Photos From Download Folder To SD Card

ES44AC8102

May 26, 2015
Hello,

I thought I it figured out how to do it without an app, but I can't seem to reproduce how I ever did it :(

Sure I can hook it to my PC and move the files that way, but surely there's a way to do it w/o the PC!

I am talking about photos or video files NOT apps, I only want to move the .jpgs and .3gp's to a folder on the SD card.

I see a lot of apps to move things, but they seem to be for moving apps to the SD card, not what I want to do.

Is there a way to do this w/o an app? If not what app would you recommend I get?

Thanks in advance!

ES

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
ES File Manager/Explorer can cut/copy/move/delete etc. Most file managers can. You're looking for "moving" apps and what you need is a file manager.

ES44AC8102

May 26, 2015
leeshor,

thanks but I already have a file manager on the home page/desktop. The one I have came with the tablet, why would the one you suggest be any better? I can cut/copy/paste with the one I have..but apparently I am doing something wrong in the process. Again I do NOT want to move apps, just .jpg files I d/l and some videos.

If I open my file manager I can see both the Internal and SD drives
I find the file I want to move located on the internal drive
I select that file by holding it down till it highlights
Then I choose COPY or even CUT
I go back to the SD card and choose PASTE
Nothing happens....

Where am I going off the rails?

Thanks in advance!

ES

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have no idea why it appears not to work. I suggest you try the same thing with AirDroid. There is a possibility that there is something wrong with the SD Card.

ES44AC8102

May 26, 2015
I have no idea why it appears not to work. I suggest you try the same thing with AirDroid. There is a possibility that there is something wrong with the SD Card.

leeshor,

NM I got it to work now it's fine... I guess I was holding the icon to PASTE, too long and it wasn't going anywhere. Just a tap and it works now.

Sorry to have bothered you with this!

Regards,

ES

Last edited:

ES44AC8102

May 26, 2015
You are correct, it does work fine IF I don't hold down the paste button too long!

Cheers and tnx again.

ES