Moving Apps To External SD Card

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I just added a 32gig micro SD card to my HP Slate 7 tablet. I am running out of app space on the built-in SD card. What apps can I move to the external SD card without diluting performance?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The short answer is that without rooting non of the apps will move at all. I don't know how much internal memory your tablet came with but if it was more than 8GB it would be very hard to fill it up with apps. You can however move all your music and photos and some other media to the external card.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
Thanks Leeshor. That's what I thought, but I didn't know. So the external SD is a data card.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thanks Leeshor. That's what I thought, but I didn't know. So the external SD is a data card.

Yes, data only. Some apps do have settings where ytou can specify the SD card for the data for that app but you need to check settings in all the apps to find the ones that do.

arnie962

Sep 1, 2016
Looking for help with my Kingpad K100. I inserted a 32gb sd card and I can't move any apps to it. I can move the same apps in my phone with a lesser Android OS. I also can't move files to it. I formatted it and it does take files with the adapter in my pc. So I think the card is ok. Anyone have any advice and what file MGR apps that may work.
TIA
Arnie
PS, when I use ES file MGR, to move files from usb to SD card. I get the message that my system forbids this.

Last edited:

Samstuart

Sep 8, 2016
Looking for help with my Kingpad K100. I inserted a 32gb sd card and I can't move any apps to it. I can move the same apps in my phone with a lesser Android OS. I also can't move files to it. I formatted it and it does take files with the adapter in my pc. So I think the card is ok. Anyone have any advice and what file MGR apps that may work.
TIA
Arnie
PS, when I use ES file MGR, to move files from usb to SD card. I get the message that my system forbids this.
you can try this app AppMgr III or Link2SD. These're two best apps for transfering apps to SD card.

Hope it help