Multiple email delete

InfinityJoe

Jan 30, 2012
I now have over a thousand emails in 3 inboxes and subsequent deleted item folders. To delete emails I have so far only been able to do so by individually selecting each and then sending them to the deleted items folder and then going through the same arduous process to remove them completely.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to do this by multiple select?

cheers

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
On the ASUS Transformer I found the ASUS Email app and GMail app to be quite underwhelming. I ended up trying lots of other apps, and settled on Kaiten. It is made by the same folks that did K-9 but it is made for tablets. It has search, select all and many other functions. Well worth the $5 IMO.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Kaiten is not made by the people who made K-9, its a Japanese port of K-9.

K-9 is open source so this is perfectly ok.

But just FYI, K-9 works great on the tablet. It offers multiple select buttons, as well as a select all button, and handles all sorts of mail accounts. (But anyone using other than imap is just asking for trouble on a small device).

InfinityJoe

Jan 30, 2012
I'm using the standard email client that comes wthe the acer iconia a500 and I have 3 pop3 accounts.
Just can't find a way to easily delete several hundred old emails.

Thanks for your response

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I'm using the standard email client that comes wthe the acer iconia a500 and I have 3 pop3 accounts.
Just can't find a way to easily delete several hundred old emails.

Thanks for your response

There was another thread on this same issue just a week or two ago.

The advice I recommended in post #8 of that thread may work for you as well. It involved using your computer to set up your Gmail account to pop your three accounts into separate folders of your Gmail account, which allows you to use the Gmail client (which is Imap). You can still have it send mail and use return addresses of the pop accounts if that is what you want. Your correspondents need be none the wiser.

See that post for the details.

See here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...here-way-delet-multiple-email.html#post176571
And here: Mail Fetcher - Gmail Help

Now, admittedly, the Gmail Android app doesn't have multiple delete either, although you can tap the checkbox of many mails and delete all at once, which is really as good as it gets unless you have a select all button.

To get a select all option, you pretty much have to go with K-9 or the Kaiten (paid) version there-of.