MultiTouch and Adobe Flash for Android 2.2.2

taitony

Apr 3, 2011
I have this wonderful S7 for one month and try to update to INDO 2.2.2 plus Joe's ROM (V1.1 stable). I know many of you experience the problem of multiTouch and Flash function after updating to 2.2.2.

The recovery of MultiTouch (it was working in 2.1) is due to missing permission, so you just download the file attached. Unzip it and use RE Explorer to copy it to /system/etc/permission/, over write it and chmod to 755. Reboot it and MultiTouch will come back.

Note: The change of this file is as below to add RED line.

<permissions>
<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen" />
<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" />
</permissions>

Even Joe's ROM include Flash but it does not work on my S7, so I delete and re-install. Then the flash is working.

Hope my share will be helpful.

BTW: I am waiting for Joe's new ROM for Taiwan Update (2.2.2). This is the latest release officially from Huawei.

Attachments

• $multitouch.zip
    677 bytes · Views: 3,058

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
I don't recall multitouch working on 2.1 (stock) but I will definitely give this a try. Thanks.

Sent from my GSBv2.2-ERIS

tentenbrunei

Apr 24, 2011
Hi taitony.
I do have same issue when I flash with Indonesia 2.2.2 . I read your post , and I also download the file you upload. so what is my step ti moving forward? I dunno how to access the permission and change the multitouch! ! please assist me.

thank you

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

taitony

Apr 3, 2011
Hi taitony.
I do have same issue when I flash with Indonesia 2.2.2 . I read your post , and I also download the file you upload. so what is my step ti moving forward? I dunno how to access the permission and change the multitouch! ! please assist me.

thank you

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Install RE Explorer but you need to root S7 first. Use RE Explorer to change the permission and copy the file to /system/etc/permission/.

Other way is to edit this file use RE's Edit.

cakdavid

Apr 17, 2011
.....The recovery of MultiTouch (it was working in 2.1) is due to missing permission, so you just download the file attached. Unzip it and use RE Explorer to copy it to /system/etc/permission/, over write it and chmod to 755. Reboot it and MultiTouch will come back.

Note: The change of this file is as below to add RED line.

<permissions>
<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen" />
<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" />
</permissions>
officially from Huawei.

Hi taitony, what does "chmod to 755" mean? or, How to do it?
Thanks

taitony

Apr 3, 2011
If you use the file to overwrite or edit that file and nothing happen, then you should check the permission setting of that file. The permission should be rw-r--r-- same as other xml files. You can check this permission with Root Explorer. I fail at beginning as you but change the permission and reboot, then BINGO.

If do not know how to use Root Explorer, then I can not help.

capsule46

May 16, 2011
Didnt work on norway ROM, i also has changed the permission to 755 :(
What ROM that work this multitouch fix?

My device is S7-105