:(... my A101 crapped out last night....

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
had put it in deep sleep mode the night before and plugged it in to charge... when i went to use it last night the green led light was blinking showing full charge.. but the screen wouldn't even come up.... tried the 10 sec power button restart.. nothing... :(:(:(

I've got a email support request in to Achos... i'll post about my customer service experience... i keep reading about mixed results... if it goes too bad i'll just send it back to global...

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
How long have you had it in your hands? and about how many hours of use. Just curious. These sort of details will indicate potential failure rate for all of us. The things I have read thus far on failure/breakage has been. Not in any order below
1. Yours
2. No Battery
3. Flexed and cracked screen
4. Just will not come up when powering up for the day.

I have not had any of these to mine, but my wife surprised me with an early present this morning. It is a 101 Sock. She used the foam shipping envelope as a template and stiffened/padded the inside of a cotton case and accessorized with a second mini pocket. It has Velcro attach flap.

Best of luck.

cmhdiamond

Oct 19, 2010
...my wife surprised me with an early present this morning. It is a 101 Sock. She used the foam shipping envelope as a template and stiffened/padded the inside of a cotton case and accessorized with a second mini pocket. It has Velcro attach flap.

Please post pics, Gurgle. Would love to see that one. There's a thread on XDA where one man's wife made one out of felt, complete with a little felt android on the front. It's quite cute!
Custom Felt Cases - xda-developers

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
i've only had it a week or so... have hardly used it maybe 6 hrs total... if that much... and it was a little hinky to begin with.. it seemed to have a dead spot in the screen, you could long press a object to move it on the screen and it would always drop it when you crossed this one area... had used the device the night before and had put it in tdeep sleep mode plugged in the charger then grabed it last night to use it and it wouldn't come up.... :(

i sent the email request for suport last nitght and got a reply today asking for all my info and a better description of the issue...

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Having dealt with Archos about two years ago. I learned three things.
1. Be persistent.
2. Cover every detail the first time. Additional new details seem to confuse them
3. Be Polite. They seem to get more responsive the politer and more persistent. It took about a trail of of week of emails for them to understand that my 605 was still under warranty and no I did not drop, mistreat or abuse the unit in any way. The Battery had gone bad and bulged the back of the case.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
thanks for the tip... but like i said.. if it gets too rough i'll just return it to global.... kinda a tad dissaponted in the product as a whole.. it's ok.. but i really expected more... and the form fator is a tad odd... the exagerated length makes it awkward... curious as to if the A70 would fit me better....

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
wow.. not sure if i'm an exception to the rule or what, concidering what i've heard and read about Archos tec/customer support, but i recieved an RMA from Archos yesterday... they actually responded to my issues and concerns over the holiday weekend...

now i need to decide if i wanna exchange it or just return it to Global and grab a logitec revue..LMAO... any advice?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
After talking to Global and corrisponding with Archos I've decided to return the defective unit to Global. Archos's turn around for an exchange is going to be 10-15 day and that will put me outside of Global's 30 worry free return policy. Global's out of stock of these units till the end of January so I may try another venu. I honestly believe i just got a bad unit and I don't necessarily believe it should reflect on Archos as a whole. I was even fairly imporessed by Archos's support considering it was the holiday weekend they were actually fairly propt in returning and resolving my concerns, contrary to what ui've read on reviews on other sites...

I've read reviews here of others that are enjoying their new toys. I just must have been a bad boy this year, and santa instead of coal gave me bum electronics.. that's hell enough for a geek like me or we could take my girlfriends approach, she says it's Mercury in retrogade... either's fine with me..lol Enjoy.. and i'll be ENVIOUS till I get another...

Last edited: