My Acer Iconia Tab A500 has gotting the 3.2 update

otota

Sep 16, 2011
I came back from Nightwork today the (17-09-2011) I turned my wifi off and on again and I get notificate on my Tablet indicating an update. I clicked on it and it started to download right now is still downloading. I just want to let every body that have Iconia A500 know that the update is around. and by the way I am from Australia..

Last edited:

Sewal46

Sep 16, 2011
Also received notification of the update this morning in Australia. Have installed and everything is running OK. With the 3.1 update my Kobo book reader did not work for a while until an update for this App was available. This time no problems. Had read about problems with Amazon Kindle and 3.2, but this is working as well.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Sewal46

Sep 16, 2011
I can confirm that 3.2 allows access to files on NTFS formatted USB drive.

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
Your lucky, it is not available in the States yet. But I am sure it will be here soon. If you notice anything new about the update worth mentioning, please post it mate. We are patiently waiting for the update here.

birdsmalls

Jun 16, 2011
I am still waiting for 3.2 update in states. Any one hear anything from Acer yet? Why don,t they specify exact dates for every where. Birdsmalls.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I came back from Nightwork today the (17-09-2011) I turned my wifi off and on again and I get notificate on my Tablet indicating an update. I clicked on it and it started to download right now is still downloading. I just want to let every body that have Iconia A500 know that the update is around. and by the way I am from Australia..

Done and dusted already 3 days ago. My daughter is having problems.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Also received notification of the update this morning in Australia. Have installed and everything is running OK. With the 3.1 update my Kobo book reader did not work for a while until an update for this App was available. This time no problems. Had read about problems with Amazon Kindle and 3.2, but this is working as well.

Aldiko reader works fine - no problems here.

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
I saw it pop up a couple of days ago but only downloaded it yesterday, all looks fine so far. I haven't checked to see what has changed yet.

I am in Australia by the way.

Pete

mark57

Jun 29, 2011
Just downloaded and installed. I tried last night and failed, but today it worked. The change to zooming in apps in really noticeable, but outside that Im not sure what the 350MB was allabout...

silverline15

Sep 24, 2011
I have also downloaded the 3.2 on my Asus TF-101, but since then have not been able to connect to my siemen gigaset router.
any help would be greately appreciated.
I am from Barbados.

jd340

Sep 26, 2011
Just had update this morning to 3.2. Only bought my Acer A500 two days ago and have gone from 3 to 3.1 to 3.2 in 48 hours. everything seems to be working fine, will report back if I have any issues. I'm in New Zealand.

josepdin

Sep 21, 2010
Here in Texas I have not seen the update. Just yesterday I sure could have used the ntfs from USB feature. C'mon Acer, get it in gear!

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Well, think about the 3.2 updating thing.

If you're planning to have your tablet rooted and your'e already updated, you cannot root it.
Search on all through the forums about updating (via OTA) and rooting in case you wanted to have it rooted.

I was rooted via OTA and cannot root so I have to recover and downgraded back to 3.0.1 and used/apply one of the threads here and now, I'm on v3.2, rooted and running on my chosen ROM.

Just a suggestion...

josepdin

Sep 21, 2010
Received the OTA today. Seems to be working fine so far and now it as the screen size fix so phone apps expand to fill the screen.