My tips and app recommendations for new rooted Nook Color users

Berta

Feb 14, 2011
We can help but need to know the process you took from stock/store condition to rooted where you are now.

I went to Jim Klein's site "Turning your v1.1 nook color into an android tablet.
Jim Klein :: Weblog :: Turning your v1.1 Nook Color Into an Awesome Android Tablet

Used autonooter 3.0.0

Had linked up my google email account with youtube account.
All worked exactly as Jim directed.

In fact, the gmail and the talk app worked at first as well. Now they start and kick out in about 30 seconds to the previous page. I think that I must have done something.

Everything else is great.

Is it possible that I have switched it off somehow? or created the short screen time?

thanks for your help.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thank you for the links and the advice!
you have been helpful.
Is there anyone else out there having issues with Quickoffice quitting? The program just exits and sends you back to the home screen... Any ideas?

~rick

Did you follow rico's procedure for removing the Nook QuickOffice before installing the market version?

z71ping

Jan 24, 2011
Did you follow rico's procedure for removing the Nook QuickOffice before installing the market version?

Yes, I did follow that procedure. In fact I noticed that the original "Nook Quickoffice" did the same thing. It would exit if- and I am not sure here-

1- a certain app is/was running
or
2- too many apps running and not enough ram to handle Quickoffice adequately..

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to any help.
~rick

Berta

Feb 14, 2011
Excellent suggestions. The apps you listed are great.
All is working well with my rooted nookcolor except for 2 Google apps.
Gmail and Talk.
When I click on either they show up for about 30 seconds and then cut out and back to the main menu.
Only happens with these 2 google apps. Google's calendar and finance apps work fine.
When on the web and going to gmail --- all works as expected.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

For anyone with the same problem above ........................

I decided to reset the ColorNook back to factory settings and start the rooting process again and that seemed to work. Now direct link to google email and talk work as they should and all apps from the Market are working perfectly. Great little tablet!

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
This issue has probably been addressed in other threads but I thought it was worth mentioning here.

I'm using an app called LCDDensity for Root. You simply have to open the app and select which density you want (a higher density will result in larger icons) and press "Apply (Restart)". The Nook will then reboot and the new LCD density will be set. There are no issues with buttons being cut off at all and the screen fits perfect.

Here is the market link http://market.android.com/details?id=lv.n3o.lcddensity

Hope someone finds this helpful.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
This issue has probably been addressed in other threads but I thought it was worth mentioning here.

I'm using an app called LCDDensity for Root. You simply have to open the app and select which density you want (a higher density will result in larger icons) and press "Apply (Restart)". The Nook will then reboot and the new LCD density will be set. There are no issues with buttons being cut off at all and the screen fits perfect.

Here is the market link http://market.android.com/details?id=lv.n3o.lcddensity

Hope someone finds this helpful.
To make change permanent U need Lcd Density Changer and not only the simple version that u mention.

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, just realized that it resets after a reboot.

Edit: Thanks for the app suggestion.

Last edited: