n00b needs help

blurr91

Aug 18, 2011
Hi, I need help with my Coby MID7022. This is my first Andriod device. I would like to get Android Market working. I went to the website itself but everything wants me to log in to my gmail account. I do so but then it tells me that I do not have an Android phone associated with this account. I don't have an Android phone. What can I do?

Another problem I encountered with my tablet. I just got it less than 24 hours ago and noticed that the display does not auto rotate, out of the box. I mess around with the settings and checked the box that says "auto-rotate display." It doesn't work. Screen is locked in landscape mode. I hit the hard reset button on the back. Still doesn't work. Is there something else I can do?

Thank you all in advance.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Hi, I need help with my Coby MID7022. This is my first Andriod device. I would like to get Android Market working. I went to the website itself but everything wants me to log in to my gmail account. I do so but then it tells me that I do not have an Android phone associated with this account. I don't have an Android phone. What can I do?

Another problem I encountered with my tablet. I just got it less than 24 hours ago and noticed that the display does not auto rotate, out of the box. I mess around with the settings and checked the box that says "auto-rotate display." It doesn't work. Screen is locked in landscape mode. I hit the hard reset button on the back. Still doesn't work. Is there something else I can do?

Thank you all in advance.

I think your device might be defective. Did you follow Daprospecta's instructions on this fourms on how to install android market on this device?

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

blurr91

Aug 18, 2011
I think your device might be defective. Did you follow Daprospecta's instructions on this fourms on how to install android market on this device?

Defective? Damn. At worst I have to send it back to Coby for repair/replacement. I was hoping there might be an explanation besides the dreaded "d" word.

I read his instructions, then I noticed this part:

Select the setup wizard as your launcher and you will have to link your gmail account.

My gmail account doesn't have an Android phone associated with it.:(

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Defective? Damn. At worst I have to send it back to Coby for repair/replacement. I was hoping there might be an explanation besides the dreaded "d" word.

I read his instructions, then I noticed this part:

My gmail account doesn't have an Android phone associated with it.:(

I have one option that might fix it.
1. Turn off the tablet
2. Turn on the tablet while holding the back button
3. When you get the android guy with an "!" Inside a triangle press the back button
4. Go to factory reset on menu

Note: you might have to do this over and over to get the menu to show.

A lot of these tablets are defective. When i got this tablet for the first time the device wouldn't charge right out of the box. I don't know how q.c. passed the device. If you look around these forums you will notice alot of people had to get replacements. If you bought it from the store then you might be able to exchange it for another one.

Your gmail account will show that until you register an android device which you will do when you complete Daprospecta's tutorial.

Last edited:

blurr91

Aug 18, 2011
I did the resetting thing, no dice. Auto-rotate still does not work. I might return this tablet.

I tried Amazon appstore. The download always fails. Does this not work with Amazon appstore either?

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
I did the resetting thing, no dice. Auto-rotate still does not work. I might return this tablet.

I tried Amazon appstore. The download always fails. Does this not work with Amazon appstore either?

Sorry but it sounds like a defective device to me. Amazon appstore works great with my MID7022.

blurr91

Aug 18, 2011
OK I got the device exchanged. The auto rotate works now. The wireless signal seems to be weaker than the last one. It works, but just doesn't seem to work as well.

I have Android Market installed and it is a much more pleasant device now with all the free apps. However I seem to be low on storage space. I moved what I can from "device" to "SD card." Is there a way to tell the device to install apps directly to SD card?

rain

May 5, 2011
quick answer, no i have not ever seen that. but tell us your memory utilization numbers. maybe mine is the same...

blurr91

Aug 18, 2011
I went to Settings > Applications > Storage use : under the "All" tab I see Internal storage with 97MB used and 161 MB free at the bottom of the screen.

This is after moving 3 Angry Birds games (20MB each) to SD card.

I'm not sure if there's something wrong. The device clearly has more than 100MB in internal storage and almost 3GB in the onboard SD card storage. I tried to download a game called "Aliens Invasion" that uses less than 7MB, but I was told there is insufficient space.

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I went to Settings > Applications > Storage use : under the "All" tab I see Internal storage with 97MB used and 161 MB free at the bottom of the screen.

This is after moving 3 Angry Birds games (20MB each) to SD card.

I'm not sure if there's something wrong. The device clearly has more than 100MB in internal storage and almost 3GB in the onboard SD card storage. I tried to download a game called "Aliens Invasion" that uses less than 7MB, but I was told there is insufficient space.

if you want to move all non-system apps to SD card then use link2sd.

Refer to the sticky
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/21940-link2sd-mid7022.html

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
I had this same problem after downloading a lot of apps. Android places a downloaded app in the cache folder before it installs it. Sometimes your cache will end up becoming full. I had to empty my cache and delvik- cache folders. Then I rebooted. It also seemed like using a program to empty these folders didn't work. I had to do it manually with a file explorer app. I now use cache cleaner app that automatically runs daily. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Kyros MID7022 8K using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2011
There isnt a lock screen tab on that unit is there? I know other Tabs out there have a small lock tab to keep orientation (I have not got mine so I do not know).

blurr91

Aug 18, 2011
I had this same problem after downloading a lot of apps. Android places a downloaded app in the cache folder before it installs it. Sometimes your cache will end up becoming full. I had to empty my cache and delvik- cache folders. Then I rebooted. It also seemed like using a program to empty these folders didn't work. I had to do it manually with a file explorer app. I now use cache cleaner app that automatically runs daily. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Kyros MID7022 8K using Tapatalk

OK that explains a lot. I shut down the machine and restarted several times over the weekend. Then I tried to install some stuff again and they all worked. I will look for a cache cleaner app for my machine. Thanks.