NC: some bend in the build?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I've been meaning to note on the forum that my USB cable takes a little bit of wiggling to get it in the NC. It seems to need to go in at the right angle or else there's some resistance.

Today, I took a closer look and noticed there's a slight bend near the "n" button.

$IMG_6456.JPG

Of course, keep in mind there's a little bit of optical fish-bowl effect (e.g., the seam is not wider near the USB port). I'd say there is a slight bulge under "n" and then a dip on the left and right sides (bottom corners of display)...no more than a millimeter. I wonder if it means there is some shifting going on inside, near the USB port?

In my case, it's all good. As I've gloated before, this is actually my SECOND unit--the first is under the XMAS tree, waiting for my wife. I all but decided to keep this unit for "practice" and take it back in January (unless I wanted to have two, which isn't totally out of the question!).

-Matt

Last edited:

duke1231

Oct 28, 2010
Oh come on, you know you want one for Yourself! I am thinking about getting one more for the wife. She loves it.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Oh come on, you know you want one for Yourself! I am thinking about getting one more for the wife. She loves it.
You're absolutely right. Here's the loooooooong backstory:

(1) We have a crappy 7" Kodak digital picture frame
(2) I bought the Pandigital Novel ($125) thinking, "picture frame" plus "crappy Android tablet!"
(3) Returned the Pandigital after a few weeks...crappier than I predicted
(4) Bought the Asus T91MT on impulse at Woot...it's a hybrid Win7 tablet/PC

$41kaS4aI0nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Amazon.com: Asus Eee PC T91MT-PU17-BK 8.9-Inch Intel Atom Netbook Computer (Black): Computer & Accessories

and then, OH NO:

(5) Bought the Nook Color for my wife...quietly sitting under the XMAS tree

But as the NC got rooted and other nice features, I couldn't take it any longer. Bought a second, and started having fun. My current logic is keep either the Asus T91MT, or my NC, but not both! Go figure...trying to go for fiscal responsibility...but I doubt I have the discipline. :rolleyes:

-Matt