Need help For Android Tablet 2.2

Brown_23

Nov 30, 2010
Hello , i just bought android tablet 2.2 8 inch and so far is working fine.The only problem i am having right now it how i can transfer file from computer to Android Tablet . Whenever , plug with usb into my computer i don't see anything poping up.The only answer i receive it application cannot be install.

Therefore, can anyone help me out where i can go find the transfer software or application but right now i am unable to transfer any type of files into android tablet. The second issue is i cannot watch video on youtube either. when ever i click on play video a msg appear saying video cannot be play. Do i need to install something or not ?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Issue #1-Do not know what kind of Tablet you have but usually all you have to is look at the Notifications and if you see the USB connection shown. Just Click on it to activate it. You may also need to change your USB mode in settings

Issue #2- Your videos are not the right (Compatible) codec. You likely need to transcode or install a compatible viewer. I use two diff vid viewers. ROCK and Meridian. Both work well for me. Both have different feature sets. The default video viewer is many times not adequate.

Brown_23

Nov 30, 2010
Thanky for your reply i really appreciate your help. I am using (Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chi) but i didnt receive any cd with it. When i plug the use inside i goes to my computer and ask me to install the software. I even watch the video on youtube how to connect to pc but it didnt work for me. My pc is not detecting the android tablet. I know it come with 4 GB memory inside and i dont think i need to plug a extre memory card to read.

For you the youtube video on Android i am going to look into the option if i can download any codec to run youtube video or other website once. Right now i want to transfer my ebook into android tablet but is not connecting to my pc.

Daali

Oct 19, 2010
If you cannot use a modified USB driver from the android SDK, you will need to try to get a compatible one to hack.
Or
you could punt, and install dropbox on your computer and tablet. You can upload files to the dropbox cloud and pull them down on your tablet.

Brown_23

Nov 30, 2010
Hello Daali , thank for your clue i work very well i was able to connect. However, i cannot watch youtube video on my Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515)Cortex A8 Chi) when ever i select a video its show video cannot be played ? Do you have any clue for that ?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
See if there's a firmware update floating around... The Freescale tablets are a little on the buggy side.

Brown_23

Nov 30, 2010
Everything is updated and i even install all the player for runing video on the websites. The youtube or other website video are not working and i cannot connect to my pc either with the usb. Do anyone know where i can get the guide or androit tablet 2.2 software?

CarsnGadgets

Dec 6, 2010
Have you got flash installed? If not search google for 'flash 10.1 apk' or on the market on your tablet if you have it, it is needed to view youtube movies.

Brown_23

Nov 30, 2010
Hello thx for your reply i search the flash 10.1 apk and download it. However, when i run to install it give me error message of "can not install the application". Therefore, do you know where i can download more apps for my android tablet its "Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Ch". Thnx you

jepoydpogi

Dec 9, 2010
hey guys i need your help too....I just bought an Android 2.2 OS Tablet 8 Inch with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chi (with 512Mb DDR2) just like Brown_23 and mainly I bought it for viewing and editing Windows Excel Files in the field. I instaled both Documents to Go 2.0 and Quickoffice Connect Suite V3.3.74 but I been finding problems on both.
When opening Excel Files on Documents to Go 2.0 all the text files are being changed. For example a cell on the worksheet was labeled as "January" will be automatically changed to "Monday". This happens everytime I opened a file and different changes happens on every file, but basically the labels are being changed.
When using Quickoffice Connect Suite V3.3.74 when I open an Excel file and start editing suddenly it will automatically close the file and go back to "search" option then I have to reopen it again. Sometimes the file would automatically close just right after it opened, but most of the time it would automatically close while I am editing it....especially if I am editing it continuously. This action is random in timing but always happens...sometimes, just scrolling thru the file will cause it close automatically.
I would appreciate if you can you pls. help me with this.

jepoydpogi

Dec 9, 2010
In addition to this, I also tried using Advance App Killer to make sure only the Quickoffice Connect Suite is running and the other apps are closed and opened the Quickoffice thru the Advance App Killer bu still the same thing happens. I also tried using the older version Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite V3.2.40 but also the same thing happens.

new<3android

Dec 14, 2010
Just got this tablet. was a little frustrated at first because I could not get Youtube to play. I solved the problem by running youtube in desktop mode not mobile device. youtube runs fine at www.youtube.com/?nomobile=1

I Have a question about the quickoffice on this tablet. It came with the icon already installed but when I try to access the ap there is nothing there. Do I need to download the ap? Does anyone know where I can download the apk for free or a safe working pay for app other than android market. Can not access android market on this tablet and don't want to update OS (2.2) cause everthing else is working great. nice fast little tablet for web browsing. Oh just found this site. IT ROCKS.