New 10.2" tablet won't power up?

svetetr84

Jul 26, 2010
Just got my new tablet and it want power up? The battery seemed dead so Im charging it but screen will still not come on? Will it power up with power adaptor if the battery is completely dead? Has anyone had this problem or did I just get a lemon?? Thnaks for anyones reply!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
First what did you order? Make, model, specs? If you have that info. These units come dead. They need to be charged and that might take a bit longer. Does the power plug stick out of the unit? Or does in go all the way in? Does it have red, green or blue amber LED lite showing you that's it's charging? Some of these units have bad batteries, bad psu corded. I say give a while to charge then report back your findings?

svetetr84

Jul 26, 2010
Google andoird 10.2 1GHZ processor

CPU

ROCK 2808B
 FSB1G MHz MemoryDDR 256MB Built in Nandflash2GBsupport TF card up to 16GB extendedExtendedSD Card, U disk LCD display10.2” TFT digital display,1024×600 Internet solutionBuilt in Ethernet; sup

It comes with a power chord that plugs in the side and a red light come on, on the side next to the charger. The power button at the bottom comes on but no screen it is red also. But it was completely dead when I got it because the red light on the power button would not stay on at first. Thanks for your help!!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Well my second tablet did the same thing as you have described. Charged up and wait. If it still doing it you might have a bad charger or the unit is faulty? Try connected the charger directly to the wall socket in of a power strip (if that's what your using)

Last edited:

svetetr84

Jul 26, 2010
Yes I am using the charger that plugs straight to an outlet. It also says in the manual u can use the usb cable? Ill charge it for a while then try the usb cable if not Ill be senind it back! Thanks for everyones help! Much appreciated!!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Those are some impossible specs you have listed there. If that's what the buyer listed as specs, I wouldn't expect much of the device's quality.

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Google andoird 10.2 1GHZ processor

CPU

ROCK 2808B
 FSB1G MHz MemoryDDR 256MB Built in Nandflash2GBsupport TF card up to 16GB extendedExtendedSD Card, U disk LCD display10.2” TFT digital display,1024×600 Internet solutionBuilt in Ethernet; sup

It comes with a power chord that plugs in the side and a red light come on, on the side next to the charger. The power button at the bottom comes on but no screen it is red also. But it was completely dead when I got it because the red light on the power button would not stay on at first. Thanks for your help!!
Did the manual mention anything about turning the device on? A lot of people had trouble with the aPads / Moonse's when they first came out. The device had to be charged up, then the user had to switch the power switch to on, then the user had to push and hold the center button (circle with square) for 5-10 seconds.

toddcrawford

Nov 4, 2012
I just purchased a flytouch superpad 7 and have the exact same issue. The thing worked for a few hours and I didn't power it off properly because if you leave it alone for a couple of minutes it just goes off, but now I can't even get it to turn on. I have tried holding down the buttons for thirty seconds, reset. The LED red light comes on and even turns green but still won't turn on. A lemon I guess.