New B&N Nook app available in market for CM7 and other roms - Full Magazine Support!!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Is it possible to gain Home screen one-touch access to B & N Magazine subscriptions? If so, will they update automatically?

Anyone have notes or Thread for a Noob?

Thank-you.

Bailey

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Edit: Boy was that confusing let me try this again.

On custom ROMs you can make shortcuts to launch books or magazines stored locally but it is a bit tedious and they will not update. On the B&N home screens (works with rooted), if you use Home Manager or Home Switcher you can change between home launchers (i.e. Zeam, ADW, B&N). So you can have your Android style setup and your B&N Book setup.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2011
Edit: Boy was that confusing let me try this again.

On custom ROMs you can make shortcuts to launch books or magazines stored locally but it is a bit tedious and they will not update. On the B&N home screens (works with rooted), if you use Home Manager or Home Switcher you can change between home launchers (i.e. Zeam, ADW, B&N). So you can have your Android style setup and your B&N Book setup.

J515OP,

Thank you. I will try a bit more on my own, but probably be back LOL I'm using ADW on Phiremod v6.2 Kernel v 2.6.29, Android 2.3.3. (still trying to learn what all of that means lol)

Bailey

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
J515OP,

Thank you. I will try a bit more on my own, but probably be back LOL I'm using ADW on Phiremod v6.2 Kernel v 2.6.29, Android 2.3.3. (still trying to learn what all of that means lol)

Bailey

That means you are on a custom ROM :) A good one too. But it also means that you can't just put books and magazines on the desktop like you can in the B&N home launcher. Like I said the best you can do is create shorcuts that open books saved in memory.

Jun 3, 2011
That means you are on a custom ROM :) A good one too. But it also means that you can't just put books and magazines on the desktop like you can in the B&N home launcher. Like I said the best you can do is create shorcuts that open books saved in memory.

Thank you for this clarification. I'm working to reflash my SD card to fix the WiFi issue. Hope to be back in business and will also try your Home switcher recommendation.

:::Bailey::: Sent from my HTC EVO

tcbeachy

May 19, 2011
I only have v2.4 from xda since I can't find the app in the market (I'm out of US). I try to open a book from my library, the white screen with loading icon appears then quickly goes back to library list. I tried moving the app to sd, fix permissions, re-installing, I still can't get it to work. I also don't see any folders in "my files".

Has anyone encountered the same?

I run CM7 Encore nightly 144 and have the same issue. This has existed from nightly 94 to the present. I would love to see a fix.