New ebay tablet.

claxdog

Nov 30, 2010
So I just received my tablet I bought on ebay I was wondering if someone can give me some info on what I can and cant do. It is branded dotcom new technology.
cpu pk2808sdk
firmware 2.0.1
kernel 2.6.25 rk version 1.9.15(7002-130w)
build num rk1.3.3 eng root 20100829.16545

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
You can basically do anything except flash because your tablet isnt running 2.2

claxdog

Nov 30, 2010
So after doing some digging my new tablet has 8 gb of internal storage (much to my surprise)the ebay ad said it has 2.Paid around 105 with free shipping.

claxdog

Nov 30, 2010
Here are some pics of my apad.
357.jpg

360.jpg

361.jpg

380.jpg

claxdog

Nov 30, 2010
No ideas on firmware?come on guys I know some one out there knows something.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
wow nice deal ya got there! Firmware wise the seller would know since he worked with the manufacturer. The chances are very high that they have not put out an upgrade which means it would be up to you to do that. Based on what you posted, you could upgrade to Froyo. wish I could offer more insight.

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You need to remember firmware cooks are in direct proportion to how popular the unit is. Until you showed it, I had never seen it before. The weak link is the processor. The RK2808 just is pitiful when it comes to video rendering. Many tablets are internally the same, but only different due to the firmware. The danger with the prior statement is the manufacturer will tweak it individually and make one firmware totally useless for a nearly identical tablet.

Bottom line: Other than Cyanogen compatible build. I do not know of any compatible FW, just because your tablet is not one of the high manufacture names.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
That price is about right for this thing right now. There are some active ports to get it to a higher version of Android, and they have been getting good progress. But the hardware is limited and at end of life right now.

There are some huge tweaks you can apply to it, because the shipping Android 1.5 on all RK2808 devices are on the unoptimized side...

As long as you get a copy of your original firmware, the device is quite hackable.

TheOncleJuna

Dec 15, 2010
Hello claxdog, I received the same tablet today.

I think the touch screen can work better with other firmware (if exist), I will continue testing.

TheOncleJuna

Dec 15, 2010
I bought this in Ebay like "7 inch MID Google Android 2.1 UMPC Tablet PC WIFI"

Once I checked the firmware version, I sent a mail to the seller and the response:

I am sorry to tell you that I just got the a bad news from our supplier (the factory who manufactured the tablet) that our description has a big fault.
It has 3 wrong places:
1, actually the microprocessor is RK2808, but the description is: RK2818
2, actually this device support android 1.5, but the description is: android 2.1
3, actually the flash can’t be used on this device, but the description said it did.

We thought we made a very serious mistake to mislead your purchasing. We apologize to you and hope can get your forgive!
I want to refund USD8 for compensation.How about this?

I don't find someone with this tablet upgrade, How can I do a backup of my firmware?