New Flytouch 2 with deb-r2.1.1170 upgrade available?

Jan 31, 2011
Hey guys,

I am very new here and have read the entire 22 page thread about updating and still don't know what I should do.

My problem is I bought the flytouch from Ebay, BRAND NEW 3 days ago, So I am a NEWBIE here on the board.

It came with .1170 and I see there is a system update to .1561. After reading some of the horror stories on updates, I am not sure what to do.

Besides installing a few apps from the marketplace, it is like new (not rooted, backed up or anything) Should I do the automatic update from the system update?

Any help you can provide would be GREAT.

Thanks
Brian

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
updated mine from 1001 with no problem at all. even same reg key was accepted. works much faster now must say

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks, Are you at the .1561? I have found the sticky post by Richardo Crispus on the manual update. Perhaps I will try that.

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks, I guess that is where I can confused. Not sure if a OTA update is better or should I do the update that Richardo described in his "STICKY" HOw to Manually Update....

throwapot

Jan 23, 2011
ski mnake sure u save ur reg code some where get titanium back up pro it really works i had mine for 2 months crashed it like 8 times already used ti backed every thing back to perfect
got two 32 gig chips installed works good

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
Hey throwapot. The SD Slot spec I have seen for the SuperPAD and FlyT2 are a bit vague in that it states "32MB" capable, but doesn't say whether that is the max for both slots or for one slot. When you check the available memory with both of your 32MB SD Cards installed does it show a total of 64MB available?