New guy

Sprattster07

Apr 4, 2014
Hey everyone I want to but a tablet and I'm torn between Asus and Samsung. I want a power house if a tablet something fast. I would love some help.

Sprattster07

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The ASUS TF701 has some really nice features but the Nexus line is also a good choice.

Sprattster07

Apr 4, 2014
The ASUS TF701 has some really nice features but the Nexus line is also a good choice.
Is the TF701T the best tablet technology wise and power wise that Asus makes? If so I want to find the nexus equivalent to compare.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Because of some of the functionality of the ASUS TF701 it's difficult to make a comparison. It is fast for what it does but as was mentioned the Nexus line is pure Android so there is no bloat. But you also give up the keyboard/dock option and microSD card slot not to mention a great stock backup app.

Sprattster07

Apr 4, 2014
Because of some of the functionality of the ASUS TF701 it's difficult to make a comparison. It is fast for what it does but as was mentioned the Nexus line is pure Android so there is no bloat. But you also give up the keyboard/dock option and microSD card slot not to mention a great stock backup app.

Those are definitely the 2 I'm torn between...I have been a fan of the transformer since just before it came out. How does the nexus compare to the nvidia tegra 4?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Like I said, for pure performance the Nexus would probably be better but the ASUS has more features.

Sprattster07

Apr 4, 2014
Like I said, for pure performance the Nexus would probably be better but the ASUS has more features.

Well I have been used to using an ipad with no keyboard. And I really like the idea of no bloat ware where I can have several apps, saeveral tabs on the internet and music and a video all at once....

edap

Dec 12, 2012
How does the nexus compare to the nvidia tegra 4?

Tegra 4 isn't very power efficient. Snapdragon 800 posts nearly the same benchmark numbers (+/-) and gets longer battery life. Also, Tegra 4 was late to market. It wasn't ready when OEM's needed it. I have a feeling that NVIDIA is making their own stuff, like the Shield and Note, because they have a surplus of Tegra 4 SoC's and none of the OEM's are buying them.

Sprattster07

Apr 4, 2014
So is the Nexus 10 best for multitasking heavy use games movies, music etc...

i guess my question is, is the Nexus 10 the powerhouse of 10" tablets, or is there a faster, higher ram etc tablet that makes the Nexus 10 look like a childrens toy? Because there is 99% chance I will make a decision based on the help I have received from this thread. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
In answer to your question, "Is the Nexus 10 the powerhouse of 10" tablets?" No! Qualcomm has unveiled their Snapdragon 805 tablet, and it’s probably some of the most advanced hardware ever put in an Android tablet. The tablet, which runs Android 4.4 KitKat, has Qualcomm’s unreleased Snapdragon 805 processor on board, which looks to be a quad-core CPU clocked at 2.7 GHz. You’ll also get 3 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal storage, a 2560 x 1440 display, a 13 megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front camera, and a slew of standard radios and ports, including 802.11ac WiFi radios, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC, a microSD card slot, an HDMI port, and a USB port.

Sprattster07

Apr 4, 2014
In answer to your question, "Is the Nexus 10 the powerhouse of 10" tablets?" No! Qualcomm has unveiled their Snapdragon 805 tablet, and it’s probably some of the most advanced hardware ever put in an Android tablet. The tablet, which runs Android 4.4 KitKat, has Qualcomm’s unreleased Snapdragon 805 processor on board, which looks to be a quad-core CPU clocked at 2.7 GHz. You’ll also get 3 GB of RAM, 64 GB of internal storage, a 2560 x 1440 display, a 13 megapixel rear camera and 2 megapixel front camera, and a slew of standard radios and ports, including 802.11ac WiFi radios, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC, a microSD card slot, an HDMI port, and a USB port.

that was the answer I was looking what you described sounds right up my alley! So has this tech officially been applied? If so what is it called because it's my understanding Qualcomm made the tech but who has implemented it because it sound like exactly what I was!