New Market breaks AppBrain Fast Web Installer

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
Just a heads up if you're planning on installing the new market. AppBrains Fast Web Installer, which allows you to install apps from their website with a single click, will no longer function with the new market. The app will still appear in your sync list on the NC, but you will have to manually go to the market and install it.

$11-01-04-4.png

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
And what happens to the app when you uninstall and reinstall the app after new market install?

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
And what happens to the app when you uninstall and reinstall the app after new market install?

I haven't noticed any adverse behavior as far as installing/uninstalling apps in the standard way with the new and old markets, but I'll keep an eye out.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Other than a pretty face, not sure I need the new market on the NC. Dare I say (BOOO...HISSSS) I've gotten things set up the way I like it? :p And I sure do love that one-click installation trick.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I haven't noticed any adverse behavior as far as installing/uninstalling apps in the standard way with the new and old markets, but I'll keep an eye out.

No that was not what I meant. You said since installing the new market, your AppBrains Fast Web Installer app no longer works. Have you tried uninstalling the Fast Web app, re-download it and re-install it?

If not, also try to clear cache: Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Fast Web Installer: Clear Data & Clear Cache

Google related / good accessing / google syncing apps tend to be finicky.

JackOnan

Nov 18, 2010
@gadgetrants
The only real advantage of the new market is that it fixed the problem with full results not being returned unless the NC was tilted to landscape.

@rico
Good thoughts to try those but unfortunately still doesn't work. Apparently its a known issue which google seems to have broken.

Sent from my NOOKcolor