New Notion Ink Website Now in Beta, Specifications and Options Revealed

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
gpoVN.png

A gorgeous tablet just got a revamped gorgeous webpage.
Notion Ink - Adam

Notion ink has updated their webpage, which is currently in beta, so there might be some issues here and there. But there no stopping you from checking out and sailvating over one of the most anticipated upcoming Android tablets on the market.

A couple days ago, we found out that it will ship with Android 2.2 Froyo (Slashgear: Notion Ink Adam gets blessed, will launch with Android 2.2 Froyo not Gingerbread - SlashGear). This may cause some issues with application compatibility, as Android does not officially support 1024x600 screens until at least Gingerbread Android 3.0.

Now also included with the webpage update are specifications! And they are impressive.

Worthy of note specifications include a Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual Core Cortex A9 CPU, capacitive multitouch, 3G HSDPA, and USB hosting.

It will come in two flavors:
a) 10.1" TFT LCD display 1024x600
b) 10.1" Pixel Qi display 1024x600

Full Specifications

gDrmul.jpg

We reckon that this hardware will not come cheap, but these specs clearly best those of the Apple iPad. But we'll see how well this tablet will compete when it does get released.

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
honestly the best looking tablet i've seen is the Atom Notion Ink. can't wait for this to hit the market.

and those specs are mouth-watering.

jdelgado

May 11, 2010
I have been waiting too, so many temptations just to get one Android tablet but haven't found one that I really like, like the Adam. I hope NotionInk release soon but they are super slow releasing info.

fbales

May 5, 2010
Kudos on posting this. I find it on no other tech sites I frequent. Good Job!

billvandusen

Aug 6, 2010
As a n00b here, I had to look up Pixel Qi, but this sounds just what I am looking for in a tablet. Although with the SIM card and video cam options it looks like the telcos might want to pick it up for video conferencing options. Not really interested in signing another phone contract just for a tablet. Anyone familiar with the manufacturer that can shed some light on that for me?

I love the touchpad option on the back too! Way cool! ARM Cortex-A9? I'll have to reserve my comments on that though! ;-)

SR45

Aug 19, 2010
For me, just looking for a great Tablet and never an Apple Ipad, since they are pretty much locked into their own applicatioins, have to register with a credit card to iTunes and the IPad is limited, I have narrowed it down to this new future offering (Notiion Ink Adam) and the EXOPC tablet coming out in September/October time frame. Wish they would have an offical forum set up now but non to be found. So the wait is on, but hopefully not too long.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
iPad get thats A9 next year I heard. But I am not Apple fan! This Notion Ink look fantastic! Dual core 10.1" an etc but the price will be high or lets hope not!