New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

Matthew4000

Apr 16, 2013
Well, I'm joining the complaints about not being able to boot into recovery mode:

device: Onda V801
firmware: V811D-V7_v3.1

I managed to install firmware following STEP 1, can now boot my device (normally) with Chinese language and all the Chinese apps on it.
However, I'm not able to get into recovery mode to finish rooting the system.

I tried:
- endless ways and combinations of booting using home, power and reset key
- formatting the SD card with FAT32
- redownloading the (in my understanding) two necessary files: root.zip and factory_update_param.aml
- searching chinese and english forums for other solutions

not to mention that all these efforts have been without result so far...

Since this seems to be a just recently occuring issue, I hope there will be some solutions soon!

UPDATE: I managed to get into recovery mode using the adb method. However I recognized that none of the upgrades (firmware or rooting) seem to work - usually there is no change at all; the device only experiences a reset. Moreover my WiFi doesn't work. The message "activating WiFi" (or else) endlessly appears in the settings menu, but nothing actually happens. Ideas?

-Matthew

Last edited:

carlabarriga

Apr 24, 2013
Hello, I have an Onda V701 that came with Android 4.1 from factory, sol I only did the root, but when I boot recovery appears a menu: "reboot system, wipe data/factory reset and something about ADB" which one should I choose?
Thank you so much for these tutorial!

huunreh

Apr 25, 2013
after updating my onda v811 dualcore with V8_v3.12, i cant enter recovery mode that means i cant root my device and i cant revert back to older firmwares. i shoild say nobody update to this version V8_v3.12 until there is a way to enter recovery mode somehow. any help would be welcomed

nuwanmw1988

Apr 27, 2013
Hi all..I own onda v702..it came with 4.1.1 which is not pre rooted.
I would love to have root access in my device but unfortunately the tf card slot is broken in my tab and it won't recognize it.
So i am unable to use this method of rooting..is there any other method i can root my device using a pc software or something?
Thanx

nuwanmw1988

Apr 27, 2013
ok i found a small workground to root onda v702 via pc.i tried to push su binary to original resource file and flash via aml flash tool.but it fails at 86% saying update.zip is bad.probably a signature varification failure i guess.can anyone give me a little hand to preceed from there.thanx.

DRFP

Jan 16, 2013
Hi all..I own onda v702..it came with 4.1.1 which is not pre rooted.
I would love to have root access in my device but unfortunately the tf card slot is broken in my tab and it won't recognize it.
So i am unable to use this method of rooting..is there any other method i can root my device using a pc software or something?
Thanx

Did you read there is a PC method that is different for 4.1.1 ? its the last part of the first post

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
I have read the complete thread and I managed to root my Allview Speed City (rebranded Onda v701) using the method described in the first post.

However, I'd like to experiment some more - I'd like to flash a recovery that can restore nandroid backups and I'd like to try out a couple of custom roms (the tablet comes with a rom from the OEM that is different than the stock onda rom - e.g. no chinese apps).

Question is - how can I backup the current ROM and restore it in case I don't like what I'm flashing? Does anybody know a custom recovery that can restore nandroid backups?

Apr 23, 2013
I have recently purchased an Onda V971 w/ A31 Cortex Allwinner processor. I have rooted the tablet following these instructions:
[ROOT][CWM RECOVERY] Onda V971 Quad-core | V972 | Allwinner A31 - xda-developers
Should I upgrade to Android 4.2 first, or should I update/upgrade the firmware first?
I have seen that there are also V971 dual core tablets - how do I know which V971 firmware I should use to upgrade or is anything labeled "V971" good to go?

Cheers

Pacoletas

May 5, 2013
after updating my onda v811 dualcore with V8_v3.12, i cant enter recovery mode that means i cant root my device and i cant revert back to older firmwares. i shoild say nobody update to this version V8_v3.12 until there is a way to enter recovery mode somehow. any help would be welcomed
Same thing happen to me, I have the same tablet as you, one day just loop on start logo screen, try to fix flashing a new rom, and go to official Onda site, download v8_3.12, and flash my tablet, now is working but have the same issues, no wifi, and there is no way I can flash another room, in fact, the tool I use to flash don't recognize the tablet, I have adb connection right, what method, do you use to flash yours?, I use amlogicburntool, it came on the flash file. I hope to find some solution for our problem. I hope you understand, I have no practice with English language.

Pacoletas

May 5, 2013
Well, I'm joining the complaints about not being able to boot into recovery mode:

device: Onda V801
firmware: V811D-V7_v3.1

I managed to install firmware following STEP 1, can now boot my device (normally) with Chinese language and all the Chinese apps on it.
However, I'm not able to get into recovery mode to finish rooting the system.

I tried:
- endless ways and combinations of booting using home, power and reset key
- formatting the SD card with FAT32
- redownloading the (in my understanding) two necessary files: root.zip and factory_update_param.aml
- searching chinese and english forums for other solutions

not to mention that all these efforts have been without result so far...

Since this seems to be a just recently occuring issue, I hope there will be some solutions soon!

UPDATE: I managed to get into recovery mode using the adb method. However I recognized that none of the upgrades (firmware or rooting) seem to work - usually there is no change at all; the device only experiences a reset. Moreover my WiFi doesn't work. The message "activating WiFi" (or else) endlessly appears in the settings menu, but nothing actually happens. Ideas?

-Matthew
do you find a solution yet?, I have exactly the same problem, I do the flash process using ImageBurntool on my pc, was very easy, but after that, every method to reflash is useless. buttons, pc software, nothing works.

stewartt3990

May 24, 2013
i have onda v711 original 4.1.1 and i want to root my tablet pc.please help me:S:S if you explain how its made i 'll very satisfied :D

thanthequyen

Jun 3, 2013
Same thing happen to me, I have the same tablet as you, one day just loop on start logo screen, try to fix flashing a new rom, and go to official Onda site, download v8_3.12, and flash my tablet, now is working but have the same issues, no wifi, and there is no way I can flash another room, in fact, the tool I use to flash don't recognize the tablet, I have adb connection right, what method, do you use to flash yours?, I use amlogicburntool, it came on the flash file. I hope to find some solution for our problem. I hope you understand, I have no practice with English language.

a thinks i found its problem
try to download this file and read used to
V801-V811??_???.zip_??????|??? ??-?????

thanthequyen

Jun 3, 2013
Hello, i upgraded my Onda V701 to the lst firmware on the site. I used ImageBurnTool. Everything went great. Now i want to root the tablet but i can not get in to recovery mode. I tryed many combinations but still no luck. i get the white android and after that i get the onda display. What shall i do? Revert back to a older firmware?

I have done this upgrade because my accelerometer was jumping arround, i could not play games that use the accelerometer.
try it, use google tranlate
http://onda.cn/Support/Question.aspx?Id=1166