new to all of this

peter1

Nov 3, 2011
:)
Hi Guys - I am new to all of this and so I will be buying my first tablet by the end of this year. I have quite a few questions and I hope someone can help me;

Here are my requirements:
*I am not a gamer.
*I need it to scheduling.
*I need to maybe use it as a mobile phone in an emergency.
*I need something fast.
*I need something with an 8 mega pixel camera (if possible).
*I need something with hi screen resolution.
*I need it primarily for business use.
*I plan to do reading on it.
*I need something that I can add a lot of disc space to.

I have looked at the discontinued HP Touch Pad and I think its neat and affordale at $250 on Amazon. I have also been reading about a way to get more speed out of it's chipset with an available application.
Does anyone know about this?
Also I need to know the full technical features of the Touc Pad and why it was discontinued. Is there one with the same or more features out there for the same money or less?
Is there a new chipset on the horizon by Qualcomm? I am hearing about a 2.5 GH chipset - is that true?
I am looking for a 10 inch tablet and I like the ice cream sandwhich OS any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Pete
[email protected]

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Pete- the touchpad is probably NOT the tablet for you. There is no more corporate support or development for the OS or apps, and going forward there is only ports of of software, nothing native.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Look at the Acer A500. I use mine for all you mentioned above and I love it. I have no games on my Acer and use it mainly for business and internet searching. It is very fast for my needs and should be for yours as well. The camera is a 5meg but it takes great photos and movies as well. I take it to church every Sunday because I also have the Bible on it and a vast number of study books from Olive Tree. I also bought the unlock key for full access to the Documents to Go that comes built in. With that you can create Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents right on the Acer tablet. As for Ice Cream Sandwich, that is coming soon as an update.