New to the site: Just returned the Motorola Xoom to Best Buy, Not good enough!

MarkWF1

Jun 5, 2011
Hey guys,

Just registered but I've been lurking for awhile. I'm an avid fan of Android and whats happening with tablets. Own an HTC Evo4G phone. Been watching the Tablet market evolve, change and grow for the last year or so waiting my turn. Looking to dive into the water when the time is right..

As the subject line says. I just returned a Motorola Xoom. Let me explain.. Like I said Ive been following the market for some time now.. Watching android and the evolving market, waiting to jump into the deep end of the pool. I have recently bought the Nook Color, played with it for awhile, then Rooted it to the latest and greatest, Cy7.

I then went out and got interested in really going for it.. Figured the time was right. So I went for a dive and came up with the Motorola Xoom, running Honeycomb.. Nice platform really liked this tablet. Till I got to were I wanted to put Netflix on it and found out that I couldn't. Then found out I couldn't even get Hulu streamed to the device.. I didn't buy it for just Netflix or movies but when you pay this much for a device and it seems to have all the bells and whistles. Touted as an Apple Killer! Then you cant put the Cherry on the top. Well I think you can understand why I took it back.
So here I am finally posting on the forums and really wanting to take a step deeper into the pool..

Will be lurking in the wings reading all I can and doing my Own R&D. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. for now I'm kind of figuring I'm going to lay back until the end of the year and see what happens with the explosion. It can only get better!

Yours Through The Screen

MarkWF1 :cool:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Welcome. Hulu works just fine for me. Netflix will probably release an app later this year, although it seems like they don't like tegra2 platforms.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Welcome... you Can put Netflix on the Viewsonic GTablet, though it does les require rooting. I'm running Cyanogenmod 7 and it is amazing. I even have a webserver running on it (not running most of the time, but handy for presentations. With Pdanet tablet I can tether my nonrooted Evo with the GTablet.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

beastman

May 8, 2011
Tegra2 with cm = Netflix works after editing /system/build.prop

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

toomuch

May 21, 2011
I wish people would talk in plain english and not abbreviate everything, for example CM, what is CM?
for newbies like me it would help if people did not write in code and write so that everyone can understand please.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
I wish people would talk in plain english and not abbreviate everything, for example CM, what is CM?
for newbies like me it would help if people did not write in code and write so that everyone can understand please.

CM is short for Cyanogenmod - CyanogenMod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Give this thread a look over aswell if you're new to android. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...tance/16642-android-dictionary.html#post98220

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! We're here to help. ;)

MarkWF1

Jun 5, 2011
Thanks Wiked.. Headed down to Bestbuy again today to get another look and feel of what they have in stock. Really like the 10.1 inch screens. Anything smaller just seems like a waste to me.. When your used to HTC Sense and the smartphone, you want more not less or the same.. Like Honeycomb for the tablets but was also impressed with the HTC Flyer. Though too small a screen for me. I like what there up to with there tie-ins to media. As well as the familiarity of the HTC Sense. Kind of like wearing a glove, you get used to it and it just feels right.. Would love for them to expand on this direction with a larger screen option.. I'll keep my nose to the grind stone and keep doing My R&D. See what happens..

Thanks again for chiming in.

Yours through the screen

MarkWF1 :cool: