newb saying hello

jschlosser

Sep 9, 2010
Hi,

I'm in the market for 7" to 10" adroid tablet.. hoping to find what I need here to make the right choice..

I really hope I can find one and use it as a mobile comic book reader.. watching vids too would be nice.

Where should I start? I've found tons online.. wondering if 1.6 would be ok for the OS.. of course I'd need to get the comic app on there first.

Anyways, glad I found this place and look forward to digging around.

Schlosser

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Glad to see you on the forums:)

The sooner the Android version is, the more chances you have to get an app. I strongly recommend at least Android 2.1. There are some very nice Android tablet right now that have Android 2.1 (and maybe get an update soon). Also, one tablet has even Android 2.2 out of the box and Flash 10.1. I would stay away from Via CPUs cause they are very slow. CortexA8 are really good (one tablet has it) and the TC 8902 is a good choice as well. I wrote a small mage with different tablets and comparison between them. Feel free to check it out: Android Tablet Comparison

jschlosser

Sep 9, 2010
Glad to see you on the forums:)

The sooner the Android version is, the more chances you have to get an app. I strongly recommend at least Android 2.1. There are some very nice Android tablet right now that have Android 2.1 (and maybe get an update soon). Also, one tablet has even Android 2.2 out of the box and Flash 10.1. I would stay away from Via CPUs cause they are very slow. CortexA8 are really good (one tablet has it) and the TC 8902 is a good choice as well. I wrote a small mage with different tablets and comparison between them. Feel free to check it out: Android Tablet Comparison

Thanks so much. I found your chart in another thread and have based all my research off that.

I really like the wistech.. but it's just a tad thick for my tastes.. but it's got everything I want.. flash, kickstand, 2.2, removable battery.. seems easily the best one out there.. just that darn thickness.

I'm hoping the apad/moose 7002 gets updated to 2.2 and that's what I'll hope to get.

Thanks for your assistance!