Newbie looking for advice

howesnet

Oct 17, 2011
Hi all. I have found a tab i like the look of and would like some advice. It is a DJC Touchtab2. It comes with gingerbread on board and a whole host of other bells and whistles. Problem is, i dont know anything about DJC tablets. They look pretty solid but any advice would be great. Secondly, i have read a few reviews saying that 2.3 gingerbread isnt fantastic on tablets as it is designed for smartphones. Again, any comments or advice appreciated. Thanks

paulturner

Oct 20, 2011
Hi. I bought a Touchtab2 a few weeks ago, and I think its brilliant. As you said, the build quality looks solid, and it is. The weight and feel of the tablet feels quality. The screen is very sensitive and is much better than other I have used from brands that are globally recognised. It runs very smoothly and all in all, I am very happy with my purchase. A few friends and family have used this and some have bought one for themselves already, and are going to buy for others as a Christmas present, because for the price that you would normally expect to pay for a great tablet, this is fantastic value for money. Hope this helps with making your decison.

Paul

KevinG

Nov 25, 2011
Thanks, I've also been researching cheaper tablets and this one seems to be the best available for the price. I have been looking for reviews / more info before buying.
Yours is the only review post I have found. Thanks.

I'm thinking of getting it for my 2 and 4 year olds. They are currently hogging my Galaxy s2 smartphone.
What's the screen like? I gather it is a capacitive touch screen, but it says LCD. what does that feel like? Is it smooth like glass?
Do you think it would cope with toddlers fingers? My phone has a glass screen which is great, but I can't work out whether the DJC Touchtab2 screen is protected in any way. Any help or information would be much appreciated.

marksmith

Nov 26, 2011
I am probably going to order one of these this week. As you say, the price and spec look pretty good. The only thing that has bothered me has been the lack of reviews other than those entered on DJC's Ebay site. It was a close call for me whether to go for this one or the Tabtech A816 8" with Android 2.3 Gingerbread. I will go for the DJC because i prefer the size but, otherwise, there isn't much to choose and at least you have the benefit of being able to read objective reviews.