Newby to new Coby Kyros Internet Tablet MID7015-4G - And have questions

teatyme007

Feb 8, 2011
I'm debating on whether to send this item back. I have read a few of the free books from Aldiko, but they don't have a very wide varity. When I went to their website to look up some books I'd like to read I could not find them in the search. Does this gadget not have enough memory to download the kindle app? I thoughy if you had an Android, you should have the kindle app, but it's not listed in the appslib. And tech support doesn't know anything. Go figure! Also, how can I see what page of the book I'm on? Of course, it tells the chapter, but can't see how far along in the book I am. Thanks for ANY feedback.

GadjetGirl59

Jan 22, 2011
I'm debating on whether to send this item back. I have read a few of the free books from Aldiko, but they don't have a very wide varity. Does this gadget not have enough memory to download the kindle app? I thoughy if you had an Android, you should have the kindle app, but it's not listed in the appslib. And tech support doesn't know anything. Go figure! Also, how can I see what page of the book I'm on? Of course, it tells the chapter, but can't see how far along in the book I am. Thanks for ANY feedback.

The Coby can indeed support the Kindle app. Go to Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire, or Freeware Lovers: The Best Things in Life are FREE, download app to your computer. Then transfer file to your sd card. When sd card back in Coby, upload the app.
:)

Last edited:

burghman

Feb 11, 2011
You will need to root your Coby to be able to install Android market first. Once you do that, Kindle, Nook, Google books, plus more book reader apps will be available to you.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

code347

Feb 4, 2011
This device, stock, out of the box, is not going to be a grand experience. In order for you to unlock the full potential that the Kyros has to offer, it should be rooted. This will allow you to access and do a lot more. If you keep it stock, you may very well be in for a disappointment.

rocknrob01

Feb 11, 2011
I'm new to the android experience myself and am not too familiar with some of the terminology or catch phrases involved. What do you mean that the Coby Kyros has to be rooted to open up it's potential? And how do we go about doing this. I've only had mine for about a week and I want to utilize my tablet more. Sorry this doesn't help out the original question. Only opens up more. Thanks. Robert.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I'm new to the android experience myself and am not too familiar with some of the terminology or catch phrases involved. What do you mean that the Coby Kyros has to be rooted to open up it's potential? And how do we go about doing this. I've only had mine for about a week and I want to utilize my tablet more. Sorry this doesn't help out the original question. Only opens up more. Thanks. Robert.

Please read the stickies at the top and use the search feature. Thanks and welcome!

Trauma

Dec 12, 2010
I would totally recommend the Coby MID7015 to anyone. It is such an inexpensive little thing, yet, it has so much capabilities. Granted, you do need to be rooted and have I recommend the "Google Experience" be installed, but after that, its fantastic. After you have the google experience installed, its basically set and forget. I am rarely on my desktop or laptop anymore. The only thing I go on an actual computer for now is to play WoW, nothing more. I loved this tablet so much, I wnet out and got an Android phone too, rooted it and having fun with that too. I still carry my MID 7015 everywhere I go though, just cause its better for music, videos and a few other things. My only complaint about the MID7015 is the low CPU power, its rarely a problem, but every now and then it lags few a couple seconds, but I can deal with that. I cant believe all the things this liittle guy can do for under 200 bucks!

So give it a chance, do some reading, and get it going to its full potential. Its a little bit of work, might take a few hours, but well worth it. Before I bought mine, knew of Android, but never had any experience with it. I got mine in the evening, and had it rooted and everything done within a few hours.

Naomi

Dec 11, 2011
I am having issues and I am hoping someone has some ideas. I've install everything as dirrected on my MID7012 and can successfully launch the Market but I can't seem to download anything. It keeps giving me an unsuccessful error. I have try properly removing the SD card and also restarting the tablet but I can't even get a free app to work. I really want to have Kindle installed which was the point of going through the steps. Has anyone had this issue?

These are the steps i have done so far:

Okay got this to work using numerous threads. I had problems getting the ADB drive to wrok and I have not idea why but it worked.

First thing I did was from Android Market on the Coby Kyros mid8024 no rooting needed post #8 which activated market place.This works GREAT!! There are a few things that I found have to be done in a certain way for it to work.
I have a MID 7012 BTW.

It appears that the Google framework must be in place and working before the Market will work.
I had all the problems listed by others, but finally got it to work.

Install the following:

• GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  • GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
  • GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
  • Gmail.apk
  • NetworkLocation.apk
Reboot the tablet and make all connections to Google.
This means you successfully get Google mail and the calendar up and working.

Now install the following:
  • Market.apk (used to be called Vendor.apk)
  • MarketUpdater.apk
Reboot the unit and the Market app should work fine now.