[News] NOOK Color to be Sold at Staples

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
In a move that should strike some as odd, Barnes & Noble has moved to partner with Staples in a sales venture that’ll have their famed color touch Android tablet for reading being sold in Staples stores as well as at their Staples.com website. One of the reasons yours truly thinks its odd is that Barnes & Noble has thus far been pushing the device as one you’d carry with you everywhere, but especially whilst interacting with Barnes & Noble’s physical locations – the ability to do such things as preview books in the store built in.....

Check out the press release below:
Staples Announces Plans to Sell NOOK Color™,
Barnes & Noble’s Award-Winning Reader’s Tablet, in Stores and On-line Starting May 1

Highly Acclaimed Product Makes its Staples Debut Just in Time for Moms, Dads and Grads Gift-Giving Season

FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (April 14, 2011) – Staples, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLS) and Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS) today announced that Staples will be selling the NOOK Color™, the first full-color touch Reader’s Tablet by Barnes & Noble, just in time for the Mother’s Day, Graduation and Father’s Day gift-giving season. The perfect gift for people who love to read everything, NOOK Color delivers digital books, magazines, newspapers, children’s books and more in immersive, rich color, all in one beautiful, thin and highly portable device. Staples, the only office superstore to carry NOOK Color, will carry the award-winning device in all of its stores nationwide and at Staples.com for $249, beginning May 1.
NOOK Color to be Sold at Staples | Android Community

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Taking over the world :) They really want this thing available everywhere. They are going to have to continue to do so if they want to stay ahead of whatever amazon is going to release.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Hmm in conteext of the earlier article this does point to a more towards preparing for more digital content rather than brick n mortar store content

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
I do not see this as any odder than using Best Buy as an outlet as it has for quite some time now. Anyway, the more, the merrier ;)

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
My wife went in to a Books-a-Million last night, and guess what she found? Yeap, Nooks and NookColors... I think the question at this point is where CAN'T you get a NC?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
Books a Million is where I bought my first NC.. back in early Dec.. they were on board with this ereader at the same time as B&N released it... dont' know but seems like they are pretty tight with B&N and always wondered if they really owned Books a Million or something.