When I download free ebooks I edit the metadata with calbre, complete with book cover, then save to disk in Lumiread (internal). However, the books show up without covers in Lumiread. What am I not doing correctly?
I have a dozen free ebooks that lumiread works just fine with and shows the covers that I added with Calibre.
I also have some that don't show covers.
With calibre i always convert to epub format with embedded covers but i go the extra step to search the web for the calibre extensions that remove DRM, because some free ebooks still have drm.
One thing that I have found is that if you have both a drm copy of a book and a non drm copy on the nook it may not show you the one that you expect. I always remove the old drm copies. These are likely to be located in your Barnes and Noble directory or your kindle directory on the nook.
Plus 1 for Calibre mention. Utterly awesome program. I sent him money via pay pal.
I haven't used the LUMIREADER. I used ALDIKO which I haven't any problems with. My daughter used CALIBRE to convert some books to epub format and it has worked fine except in a few cases where the text was squashed up - no spacing between words. My daughter's book is available from Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com.